Sony Warming to the Idea of Portable 3D

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I wish Sony would warm to the idea that 3D is nothing more than a gimmick and a fad that can add nothing of value to the gameplay of our games and that it needs to get bent so development resources can be spent on other aspects of the games. Save that crap for movies where you only have to sit back and watch instead of focusing on playing a game. That's all 3D does in a game: you turn it on, you go "Okay that's kinda cool that it does that I guess, but it's kind of hard to focus on the game as much now and it's not really improving the game..." and turn it off. I even went so far as to fix my broken 3DS by putting a little piece of cardboard in the 3D slider's track so that it couldn't accidentally go into shitty graphics mode anymore.

So please Sony, warm to the fact that 3D sucks for games.

OutrageousEmu said:
And dual analog sticks came from where?
I don't care much for this "OMG THIS COMPANY COPIED THAT COMPANY SHAME ON THEM" bullshit, but PC game controllers had two analog sticks long before the Dualshock controller came out. Doesn't mean we should demonize Sony for taking the idea, though.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
I thought they were supposed to be lowering the tech in the new handheld to compete with the 3DS price and now theyre adding a gimmick that does nothing but bump the price up? oh boy its going to be considerably crappier than anyone ever guessed.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
Am I supposed to be surprised that Sony thinks something Nintendo made money off of is a good idea again? Because that's definitely not the emotional response I'm getting from this.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
Sony... just propose a merger with Nintendo and make everyone's lives AWESOME rather than just ripping them off at every oppurtunity.

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
OutrageousEmu said:
Mantonio said:
Let me guess, my 'warming to' you mean 'after saying how it was stupid, they've seen how successful Nintendo have been and want to copy that'?

Because that's what Sony does. It laughs at others like the bunch of dicks that they are, then they try and copy them after seeing how well the originals sell.
Interesting definition of successful, a new handheld being outsold regularly by a 7 year old handheld.
You're pointing out that a new type of handheld that only came out this year... has sold less than a handheld that's been out for nearly a decade.

I believe the phrase is 'No sh*t, Sherlock'?