Sony Website Hacked By the "Lulz Boat"

Sep 14, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
...I'm sick of hackers as a whole.

Read my goddamn text:
[HEADING=1]YOU ARE NOT FUCKING HEROES[/HEADING]

No one will sing of your battles, no one will think of you as heroes out to help the littleman. All they see is a group of peopple willing and able to enter their private lives and steal their information.

Which you freaking idiots did, oh Noble of Noblemen.

So thanks, you exposed over a 1,000,000 people to identity theft. I hope you freaking proud of yourselves.
this, there is a special place on this planet for people like that, and i really hope they get gang raped in the process if/when they are caught, fuckers are fucking pieces of shit, if/when people get caught for this kind of crap, i'm not sure the measures, but they better be stained for life for doing something as fucking stupid as this kind of bullshit

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
You guys are fukken naïve. "They're terrible people, stealing and releasing peoples personal information like that!" Oh yeah? Think about it from a different angle: if they would have simply hacked it again but not done anything, would this have had such an impact on people lives, would this have been so popular in the media? No, and that is, essentially, not a good thing, because if they would have just hacked it and told Sony, nothing would have fucking happened because Sony already got hacked and didn't bother improving their security. The only way to make them listen and do what needs to be done is to threaten the very core of their success: the PS3 users/owners. The fact that it happens so often now makes more and more people skeptical about buying a PS3. Of course, PS3=/=PSN, but keep in mind that the PSN is a pretty big source of greenbacks for Sony. Also, the fact that they're a bunch of /b/tards makes it all the more "enraging", while if they hadn't done anything with the information they would have probably been dismissed as "stupid kids".

"omg ppl's s3cret 1nfo bieng revealtd!!1! they shud be killd lol0l" you probably eat/ate meat that came from an animal that endured unimaginable amounts of pain in a factory farm just to provide for you, or you probably drive a car that emits toxic gases into the atmosphere, and you probably have some of your fecal matter currently floating, polluting the ocean. Personal identification information, pfff we have much bigger problems to worry about.

Also, hackers don't give a shit, if morales were an issue for them, Sony would not currently be naked on it's knees right now, choking on a massive, hairy black cock.

Fuck you all!

Thank you, come again!

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
sleeky01 said:
Kopikatsu said:
sleeky01 said:
You want a real challenge?

http://www.pbc.gov.cn/

Take your pick.
Uuuuuh...http://blogs.forbes.com/andygreenberg/2011/05/30/pbs-hacked-after-critical-wikileaks-show/
Oh for god sa...look at that link again would you?
...Oh. I mistook the 'c' as an 's'. My bad. Why would that site be difficult to hack, though?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Clipclop said:
Kopikatsu said:
Clipclop said:
Sonic Doctor said:
With way things are going, if they keep this up for the whole year, I predict that by the start of next year Sony will be dead or in the final stages of company failure.

Who can could possibly stick by a company that has had plenty of time to counteract against the problem and defend itself, but they clearly aren't taking this thing seriously.

At the pace that Sony is trying to work out these problems, one would think that they have just one man trying to fix the whole thing, though my money is on that they hired a poo-flinging monkey.

hahahaha no. They will just dump the ps3. If you think "sony" the company will go down if the ps3 goes down, you don't know anything about sony. There market reach is so huge i wonder why they even bother with consoles that just make them lose money. They probably made or "had something to do with" half the shit in your house.
Uuuuuh...Sony Music and Sony Pictures are what's been being hacked. The entire company is under attack, not just the gaming department.
and what about there clock and radio department, or tv department? or or watches, or calculators or the dvd players or the hundreds of other things that they make? Do you know that sony owns dozens opon dozens of other companies that sell a multitude of things ranging from clothes to who the fuck knows that aren't called "sony", but all the money goes to them anyway?
LulzSec's attacks are ongoing and, honestly, they probably won't stop Sownage until they slip up and some government agency picks them up. I'm actually stalking their Twitter to see what part of Sony they'll attack next, but it's still kind of ridiculous.

Sony will either be crushed and humiliated, or it'll survive to be the most secure company in the biz. Darwinism at it's finest.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
This is the one of the things that would make me glad to deal with a regulated internet. "Ooh, look at me, I'm a tough guy, I'm going to hack Sony and say I'm doing it for the common good!" Seriously, fuck these guys, fuck Anonymous and fuck black hat hackers in general.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Clipclop said:
Kopikatsu said:
Clipclop said:
Kopikatsu said:
Clipclop said:
Sonic Doctor said:
With way things are going, if they keep this up for the whole year, I predict that by the start of next year Sony will be dead or in the final stages of company failure.

Who can could possibly stick by a company that has had plenty of time to counteract against the problem and defend itself, but they clearly aren't taking this thing seriously.

At the pace that Sony is trying to work out these problems, one would think that they have just one man trying to fix the whole thing, though my money is on that they hired a poo-flinging monkey.

hahahaha no. They will just dump the ps3. If you think "sony" the company will go down if the ps3 goes down, you don't know anything about sony. There market reach is so huge i wonder why they even bother with consoles that just make them lose money. They probably made or "had something to do with" half the shit in your house.
Uuuuuh...Sony Music and Sony Pictures are what's been being hacked. The entire company is under attack, not just the gaming department.
and what about there clock and radio department, or tv department? or or watches, or calculators or the dvd players or the hundreds of other things that they make? Do you know that sony owns dozens opon dozens of other companies that sell a multitude of things ranging from clothes to who the fuck knows that aren't called "sony", but all the money goes to them anyway?
LulzSec's attacks are ongoing and, honestly, they probably won't stop Sownage until they slip up and some government agency picks them up. I'm actually stalking their Twitter to see what part of Sony they'll attack next, but it's still kind of ridiculous.

Sony will either be crushed and humiliated, or it'll be the most secure company in the biz. Darwinism at it's finest.
You give them to much credit. a ddos and a hack cannot stop a manufacturing department. Nor can it stop the other dozens of ones working under sony.
When did they ever use a ddos?

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Next thing you know, they'll be posting videos on Youtube called 'How to hack Sony, an easy 4 step process'

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Clipclop said:
Kopikatsu said:
Clipclop said:
Kopikatsu said:
Clipclop said:
Sonic Doctor said:

Sony will either be crushed and humiliated, or it'll be the most secure company in the biz. Darwinism at it's finest.
You give them to much credit. a ddos and a hack cannot stop a manufacturing department. Nor can it stop the other dozens of ones working under sony.
It's not about whether they can bring down the company by themselves...a company lives and thrives based solely on the whims of it's customers. If enough people lose faith in Sony, they'll stop buying Sony's products and Sony will be forced to close those departments eventually.

Then again, the beating of a dead horse is only gathering sympathy for Sony as a whole...the future is a mystery.

ChocoFace said:
Sony should REALLY start considering investing in security rather than lawyers.
They hired at least three security firms after the PSN hack. That's more than most companies would do and honestly, I'd blame the lack of security on the firms at this point. It was kind of their job to get Sony's security up to date.

King_Serpent

GUY YOU DON'T KNOW
Jul 12, 2010
danpascooch said:
An SQL injection? Seriously? A fucking SQL injection!?

That's the simplest type of hack in the world, if hacking were burglary, that would be the equivalent of checking if the front door was unlocked. Basically Sony left its front door open after being robbed blind just weeks ago, WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Don't even tell me none of this is Sony's fault, that's bullshit, I've always known it was bullshit, but now there's proof.
?She dresses seductively so raping her seemed like the thing to do?

That?s your argument.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
King_Serpent said:
danpascooch said:

That's the simplest type of hack in the world, if hacking were burglary, that would be the equivalent of checking if the front door was unlocked. Basically Sony left its front door open after being robbed blind just weeks ago, WHAT. THE. FUCK.

Don't even tell me none of this is Sony's fault, that's bullshit, I've always known it was bullshit, but now there's proof.

That?s your argument.
Well then the law agrees with him (at least in my country), cause if you hack somebody with a million user with a simple sql injection and the data isnt even encrypted then you have failed to protect the costumers data.

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
MurderousToaster said:
I understand why Sony are experiencing these problems, but they are a multinational company with more than a couple hundred million USD to spare (that assumption running on their net income from 2010). They have the money to fix it, regardless of how difficult it is. If a company with that much money can't foil a loosely-connected group of hobbyist hackers, then it's clearly them at fault.

I also never claimed it was easy, anyway - but if they have literally hundreds of millions of dollars from last year's profits alone, they should really have fixed this by now.
You know, I'm tired of this bullshit argument. Sure, they was careless when they first got attack but you are being ridiculous now. Just because they have money doesn't mean everything will just pop out right of tin air. Money don't work like a magic lamp. It doesn't solve everything in the blink of an eye. It doesn't make stuff go faster. It doesn't make thing disappear (people do, for cash, but that's a debate for another time). What it does tho, is provoke jealousy in people that don't have as much money as they wanted.

And before you say this: No. Even with money, buying a bigger team to make it work faster doesn't work. If you put too much people on a single project, everybody will eventually stepping on each other "foot" and that will only make thing go slower.

And before you say this: No. They can't buy an already done fully fonctional and PS3 / PSP compatible database with all the latest and old protection. Why? Because somebody need to actually do it first.

So, Why couldn't they attack somebody that isn't down?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
King_Serpent said:
danpascooch said:

That?s your argument.
Broken analogy, since...

Rape is about power, control and anger, not sexual arousal or gratification. An article by Nicholas Groth titled ?Men who rape?, states that men seldom find sexual satisfaction when committing this brutal act. So what could their motives be? Groth states that rapists speak about aggression and the satisfaction of having power and control over their victims. Their goal is to capture, overpower and control their victims. It is clear that the offenders gain pleasure knowing that their victims are helpless and suffering because of them.
Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/womens-issues-articles/rape-is-about-power-control-and-anger-not-sex-1345819.html

Technically it's a better analogy than you meant it, because LulzSec IS doing this just to see Sony squirm...but rape isn't about sexual attraction.

That analogy is probably the closest thing we've got to a proper one, though, so I support it's usage regardless of whether it's factually accurate or not.