Sooo Resident evil 6, what's it like?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
ExiusXavarus said:
Kopikatsu said:
The Elephant Killer is stronger than the Assault Shotgun. Especially if you go around with infinite ammo. :x
Ada doesn't get Elephant Killer though, only Jake and Sherry do. Her weapons are Crossbow, Sniper Rifle, Assault Shotgun, Ammo Box 50, Bear Commander,Incendiary Grenades, and Hand Grenades. I don't remember what her third tool is, if she even has a third.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
ExiusXavarus said:
Kopikatsu said:
The Elephant Killer is stronger than the Assault Shotgun. Especially if you go around with infinite ammo. :x
Ada doesn't get Elephant Killer though, only Jake and Sherry do. Her weapons are Crossbow, Sniper Rifle, Assault Shotgun, Ammo Box 50, Bear Commander,Incendiary Grenades, and Hand Grenades. I don't remember what her third tool is, if she even has a third.
I distinctly remembered getting the Elephant Killer with Ada. Weird. Her crossbow is still awesome, though. :p And her third tool would be a First Aid Spray, just like everyone else. xD

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
ExiusXavarus said:
Although if you're like me and you enjoy using the melee weapons(knife/stun rod, that stuff), then I do not suggest playing as Piers or Helena because they don't have one. I can't personally stand them because once they're out of ammo, they're beyond worthless in battle, especially if you're in the dying state. Ada doesn't have a melee weapon, either, but I can tolerate it because Ada's probably my favorite character in the franchise, next to Leon. :x

Personal opinion: At least rent it if you're still on the fence. It's definitely worth a try.
Use Helena's Hydra Shotgun and use Quickshot three times in rapid succession to pull off the full 'combo'. You'll never want to go back to the knife again.

omega 616 said:
I am playing through the new guy campaign, is it Jake or Jack? I dunno but it's what I expected after this thread. Basically 4 and 5, rather than 1, 2 and 3 ... I am enjoying it as much as 4 & 5 so I am pretty entertained.

I am up to skulking round some ice cavern and hiding in bins to avoid the new (and worse) nemesis.
I actually thought Jake's story was the worst of the four campaigns, however I really liked Chapter 3 (Up until the 'boss' of the chapter shows up onwards at least). Chapter 3 starts immediately after escaping Ustanak in those caves.

Also, when you say 'worse' do you mean that he's good-badder than Nemesis or just bad-badder?
Just finished Jakes part, was quite enjoyable. The nemesis 2.0 was a little silly ... I know it's a trope that the big bad never dies but come the fuck on! I shot him to ribbons, let alone all the other stuff that gets done to him!

I meant, nemesis scared the fuck out of me (that may be due to the fact I was about 10 when I played it) but hearing "STARS!" from off screen made my heart skip a beat. This new guy just looks like a roided up Freddy Kruger crossed with Karl Ruprecht Kroenen from hell boy ... I just couldn't be scared by the lumbering bafoon with his little blonde tufts of hair.

Especially when I went toe to toe with him ...

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
I'm enjoying it. It has a ton of content with 4 intertwining campaigns. A lot of people are saying bad things, but I think it is a pretty good game. Sure, it is more and more a departure from survival horror more towards action game but it is still worth a play.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
omega 616 said:
Just finished Jakes part, was quite enjoyable. The nemesis 2.0 was a little silly ... I know it's a trope that the big bad never dies but come the fuck on! I shot him to ribbons, let alone all the other stuff that gets done to him!

I meant, nemesis scared the fuck out of me (that may be due to the fact I was about 10 when I played it) but hearing "STARS!" from off screen made my heart skip a beat. This new guy just looks like a roided up Freddy Kruger crossed with Karl Ruprecht Kroenen from hell boy ... I just couldn't be scared by the lumbering bafoon with his little blonde tufts of hair.

Every Resident Evil game has a recurring enemy that is more or less invulnerable that follows you around everywhere.

RE0: 'Leech Queen' Marcus
RE1: T-002
REmake/Umbrella Chronicles: Lisa Trevor
Dead Aim: Morpheus
Gun Survivor: Hypnos-T
Outbreak: Tyrant-R
RE2: T-003 (Mr. X) and William Birkin
RE3: Nemesis
RE:CVX: Nosferatu
RE4: U-3
Darkside Chroncles: T-003 (Mr. X.)
RE5: Albert Wesker (Admittedly this is a stretch)
Revelations: Jessica
RE6: Rasklapanje (Parasite in humanoid shell things), Ubistvo (Chainsaw thing), Simmons, Haos, and of course, Ustanak.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Well I've only played an hour thus far, got it last night, I think it's pretty fucking awesome. Very action oriented, more like RE$ or % than 1, 2 or 3 but, oh my, the action is great...

EDIT: If you liked Dead Space 2 then this is worth your time and money...

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Kopikatsu said:
omega 616 said:

Every Resident Evil game has a recurring enemy that is more or less invulnerable that follows you around everywhere.

RE6: Rasklapanje (Parasite in humanoid shell things), Ubistvo (Chainsaw thing), Simmons, Haos, and of course, Ustanak.
Well somebody knows there RE!

I played what I like to call the main line of RE games, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 but none of the others. I cannot remember any bosses except tyrant and nemesis.

Of course I remember Wesker but I he is more of a person that yanks the plot along, Nemesis and tyrant just show up to scare the pants off you.

I don't remember any other bosses type hounding you, with the exception of nemesis. Then again, my memory isn't my strong point.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
omega 616 said:
Kopikatsu said:
omega 616 said:

Well somebody knows there RE!

I played what I like to call the main line of RE games, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 but none of the others. I cannot remember any bosses except tyrant and nemesis.

Of course I remember Wesker but I he is more of a person that yanks the plot along, Nemesis and tyrant just show up to scare the pants off you.

I don't remember any other bosses type hounding you, with the exception of nemesis. Then again, my memory isn't my strong point.
You don't remember Mr. X or Birkin? WHAT KIND OF RE FAN ARE YOU?