Sooooo, now what?

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
I was just curious what everyone thinks Bioware will move on to now that Mass Effect is done. Personally I want a entirely new IP but I doubt that's likely.

Also I don't give a crap about your views on the company, take that to another thread, this is about future games and NOTHING ELSE.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
My guess is probably a new Dragon Age game or possibly a Mass Effect spinoff series. The Old Republic is probably still a big concern for them considering all the bad press around it. Who knows what their next big release will be?

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Hmm, good question. They already did the D&D ripoff a classical fantasy game and jumped on the space opera bandwagon one of the sci-fi genre. What they need to do is something inspired by the eastern cultures. Then they'll have gone full circle around their old games. Aside from MDK 2 - I don't see them make anything similar any time soon.

Yeah, they still have Dragon Age, which seems to be intended as a longer running franchise and TOR, which I have no idea ho it's doing. And aside from those two they hold the license to Mass Effect - I doubt they'll let it go. Perhaps we'll have to wait but I can imagine they want to do more with the ME universe.

But if they go for a new IP (I don't see why not) I'm not sure what they'll have - they have medieval and future ages covered. I doubt they'll make a DA rival so it'd be either future, alternative present or some hybrid. If I had to choose one, I'd go with alternative present (or close) with magic and stuff.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
We know DA3 is in the works and SW:TOR is still going (don't know how strongly though).

We'll probably see an ME spinoff to cash in on the franchise at some point.

IMGF

Mar 15, 2012
I want a new IP to come out of them personally, but I know DA3 is coming. Plus, I'm sure they still want to milk the ME series while they can. They could probably do this more through DLCs for the 3rd game, but I wouldn't be surprised if a spin off game comes out too.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
DoPo said:
Hmm, good question. They already did the D&D ripoff a classical fantasy game and jumped on the space opera bandwagon one of the sci-fi genre. What they need to do is something inspired by the eastern cultures. Then they'll have gone full circle around their old games. Aside from MDK 2 - I don't see them make anything similar any time soon.

Yeah, they still have Dragon Age, which seems to be intended as a longer running franchise and TOR, which I have no idea ho it's doing. And aside from those two they hold the license to Mass Effect - I doubt they'll let it go. Perhaps we'll have to wait but I can imagine they want to do more with the ME universe.

But if they go for a new IP (I don't see why not) I'm not sure what they'll have - they have medieval and future ages covered. I doubt they'll make a DA rival so it'd be either future, alternative present or some hybrid. If I had to choose one, I'd go with alternative present (or close) with magic and stuff.
I wonder how many people would go rabid for a new Jade Empire.

Lucem712

*Chirp*
Jul 14, 2011
I'm gonna assume a new Dragon Age. Even if Bioware wanted to work on a new IP, Daddy EA is holding the leash nice and tight :)

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
When you return to Earth in ME3, there was a brief glimpse of the city from a birds-eye view. In those 3-5 seconds, I suddenly wanted a Mass Effect RTS. How about that?

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
LookingGlass said:
When you return to Earth in ME3, there was a brief glimpse of the city from a birds-eye view. In those 3-5 seconds, I suddenly wanted a Mass Effect RTS. How about that?
Actually, I can see BioWare making an RTS. Or a strategy game, anyway. Throw in some RPG elements and you basically have KotOR/NWN/DA:O/etc. on a larger scale.only instead of 4 people in total, you have around 40. And if they do make a strategy game, Mass Effect is the most likely candidate (out of their current games). Also, I doubt they'll go into a whole new IP into a whole new genre, so either BioWare sticks to what they knw - RPGs r they stick to what they know - their current games. They aren't the sort of company that don't seem like the kind of company to try something new. Heck, the whole ME franchise so far can almost be considered new for BioWare - they had some actual shooting there.

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
I thought ME3 wasn't the end of it, just the end of Shepard's story arc? Don't ask me for source, I can't remember for the life of me where I've seen that, but I'm pretty sure it was stated by Hudson or one of the other higher ups at BioWare.

CAPTCHA: movers and shakers. DAMMIT, GET OUT OF MY HEAD.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
if anything they are going to get desperate and scrape out a baldurs gate 3 and try to do what the total war series did with shogun 2.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
They are somehow related to the new Command and Conquer. I remember thinking that putting the RPG guys in charge of the dead RTS guy's job sounding like a fantastic idea.

Kahunaburger

May 6, 2011
Fr said:
anc[is]They are somehow related to the new Command and Conquer. I remember thinking that putting the RPG guys in charge of the dead RTS guy's job sounding like a fantastic idea.
I think that the people who gave us the oh-so [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czQiUzs8QLs] exciting [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGaTfGHELV4] and impeccably balanced Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age 2 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV97ozaD4vs] combat are the perfect people to handle an RTS.

(Although to be fair I heard that EA just slapped the Bioware logo on a completely different team, so it might not completely suck.)

planet.tyler

Mar 1, 2012
Well whatever they do next, they will do so with extreme caution and not want to take any chances so as to avoid another backlash, I just hope I'm wrong

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
how about making a good game

BURN

I kid the people. i would like to see a Dragon age 3 or FPS game from bioware

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
Bioware has made it plain that they will continue to make DLC for Mass Effect 3.
That ending packard said:
Shepard has become a legend by ending the Reaper threat. Continue to build that legend by playing further content and DLC.
They're also going to be working on Dragon Age 3.

After that, I guess something else will be involved. Probably hats. *shrug*

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I'm guessing they'll do another Mass Effect game, it's very doubtful that they'll drop such a profitable franchise.
But for the immediate future, probably DA3.

YuheJi

Mar 17, 2009
Well, we already know that part of Bioware will be working on Command and Conquer: Generals 2.
Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/10/bioware-announces-command-and-conquer-generals-2/

But Dragon Age 3 has basically already been announced, and a new mass effect is probably coming.