Sound that drives you insane.

Greni

Jun 19, 2011
hazabaza1 said:
WUB
WUB WUB
WUB WUB WUB

uuuuugh
Can't think of too much else, luckily enough.
Hit the nail on the head so hard it broke...

Also, you know that buzzing sound your ear makes at random times, often after a change in outwards pressure, that is the sound of hopelessness.

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
People chewing with their mouth's open. Not only is the sound annoying and incredibly rude, but the person will probably talk, making you smell stank breath and possibly getting have chewed disgusting over you. It's like the trinity of terrible for me.

Mr Cwtchy

Jan 13, 2009
Baby talk. Whether it comes from actual babies or not, either way I still want to eviscerate everything in a twenty feet radius.

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
Hmm what do I dislike...You know I'd say I'm pretty tolerant of most noises, but after further consideration, I have developed an almost-all-inclusive list of noises that I despise.
crying, by anyone. And especially forced crying in movies, tv shows, anime, etc etc, and of course babies
When two people have their mics on sound activated while using teamspeak or vent. It drives me insane
Another sound related to vent: that moment after you reinstall and you forgot how to turn off the damn "play beep on ptt key press"
Speech/song with twang
The sound a microphone makes when it's too close to a speaker
Microwaves beeping when they haven't been opened after finishing: Shattap dammit I'm leaving that food in there and you will not convince me otherwise.

Captcha: mom and dad
ok captcha way to ruin my all-inclusive list, I don't like that sound much either

the doom cannon

Jun 28, 2012
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Oh, and another one.

FUCKING girls in anime. Jesus Christ they piss me off. Its always this really loud, squeeky voice. One of the reasons I can't stand most animes.

But what the fuck do I know, apparently being an obnoxious piece of shit makes you kawaii.
Hahaha so true! But my problem is that I love anime :/ I grin and bear the screechiness, and unless the anime with said screechiness is really good, I stop watching it XD

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
The sounds Justin Bieber makes.
The sounds 50 Cent makes.
The sounds Lil' Wayne makes.
The sounds Nicki Minaj makes.

There are more everyday sounds that can get somewhat bothersome, but none send me in a killing frenzy more easily than aforementioned 'artists'.

I know there are proper, worthwile pieces of art made with autotune, above-mentioned 'artists' are not included in that description.

<youtube=YLO7tCdBVrA>

bluerocker

Queen of Cockblocking and Misery
Sep 22, 2011
I hate high pitched sounding noises, especially things like dog whistles (as far as I remember I could hear around 16000hz). I also hate the sound of people eating loudly. My brother drives me nuts when he does that...

Squidbulb

Jul 22, 2011
"Shhhhh". I don't know why, but it just screws with my brain.
Also, loud drinkers and dripping taps.

Shaved Apple

May 17, 2012
When someone rubs a knife or fork against a plate. Fingernails against a chalkboard not as much for some reason.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
A person blowing air/breathing into a microphone. Heck, anyone who breathes audibly loud. Especially in movie theatres.

JLML

Feb 18, 2010
Well, my parents. Mostly when they sleep, but sometimes when they're awake too. Seriously, they snore. And I hear it one floor above. Guess it's my own fault for being so sensitive to sounds. D:

Kiyeri

Mar 8, 2010
Headdrivehardscrew said:
The sounds Justin Bieber makes.
The sounds 50 Cent makes.
The sounds Lil' Wayne makes.
The sounds Nicki Minaj makes.

There are more everyday sounds that can get somewhat bothersome, but none send me in a killing frenzy more easily than aforementioned 'artists'.

I know there are proper, worthwile pieces of art made with autotune, above-mentioned 'artists' are not included in that description.

<youtube=YLO7tCdBVrA>
Holy crap, thanks for posting that! This was played on a Youtuber's livestream that I watched and got stuck in my head for so long. Now I know what it is!

OT: One thing I hate about living in a dorm next to a road: buses. Our window is open due to the heat and not having air conditioning, so I get to hear all the wonderful squeaking brakes and rumbly engines of buses. Every day. Every. Ten. Minutes.

Bolwing

Mar 5, 2012
Burping sounds make me want to murder the person who just burped painfully and slowly. Disgusting.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
You know when girls who have high pitched voices get excited and their voices go even higher? Don't like that.

Nor the sound of female country singers like Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood. They're hitting a pitch that makes my ears hurt, and I don't know why.

I guess high pitched sounds just irritate my ears. Usually when it happens I just cover one ear and I'm good.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
Air raid sirens. Especially on foggy days.

Oh, you mean things that irritate me. I'd have to say the static from a CRT tv. It just drives me nuts.

Hylke Langhout

Mar 2, 2011
Anything to do with styrofoam. It actually causes me physical pain whenever I hear styrofoam coming into contact with anything. Also rusty things. I just hate that unpleasant grinding noise when I hear a rusty bike drive past me.

bossfight1

Apr 23, 2009
My car antennae makes a very loud grinding noise as it rises/falls when I turn the radio on/off. It's VERY VERY agitating.

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
if there was any sound that drove me insane, it would have to be that obnoxious siren you hear in emergency broadcasts and emergency tests.

They're loud, obnoxious, and blare out in inappropriate times too often.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Alarm clocks drive me nuts. The first sound it makes I'm up and every day after that if I have to use one I'm up before the alarm goes off.

Screamy kids piss me off which is why I don't go over to my brother's house very often. So do kids that just keep repeating the same stupid shit over and over and over and over and over until you have to tell them to shut the hell up.