Source Compares PSP2 to Portable PS3

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Is anyone really fussed about this when we have the 3DS coming out? I mean I might get a PSP2 in a few years, but for now nothing is beating the 3DS.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
ActionDan said:
I seriously doubt it's that powerful.
I'd buy that it's capable of producing graphics of first generation PS3 games.

But that just means it's capable of producing graphics from games where the developers were stumbling around trying to unravel the new programming syntax and technical interactions (video card firmware/access) of the PS3.

OT: I cannot imagine this thing having very good battery life. Even the PSP had a very limited battery life compared to the DS (unless you just listened to music on it, the PSP goes from full to dead in about 3 hours. Especially if it has to read UMD constantly).

The control scheme intrigues me, though in a way that provokes morbid curiosity.
As far as I'm concerned, both new handheld systems have something to prove before I commit to buying either.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Sony needs to learn that it is SOFTWARE not hardware that sells units. The got a lucky break with the PS2 in this department since a DVD was a big step forward from VHS.

Nintendo has never ever been on the cutting edge of handheld graphics, their grey little brick was out selling even a portable Gensis back in the day. The original gameboy had games (came packed with Tetris) and battery life. PS3 level graphics don't garentee either, while Nintendo got a crap ton of games for the 3DS's launch.

And remember this is how Sony is currently trying to sell the PSP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBrhwUWSyDU

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
all those features makes it sound like its going to be heavy. hah ill train by pretending a Gold bar is a PSP lol jk.....

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
We've already seen reports about them balancing power, battery life and heat, so this could very well be true. However, it seems like it'd be expensive, what with them having to cram all that jazz into a handheld.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
KSarty said:
This...is interesting. I have always wanted to be able to play my psp games on my ps3, so being able to switch between the 2 on the fly is something I definitely like the sound of.

That being said, I agree with Daystar that 3DS is first on my list for handheld purchases right now.
I'd like to be able to play PS3 games on a PSP as well, but the likelyhood of this happening?
Very slim. I somehow doubt that the PSP2 will be as powerful as the PS3 in any respect (even in the PS3's early stages).

Until we have an OFFICIAL source, I won't hold my breathe.

But even if the rumors prove to be true, I'm expecting a higher price tag than what we'll see on the 3DS.