South Koreans Aren't Playing StarCraft II

Crazie_Guy

Mar 8, 2009
While I am disgusted at Blizzards actions, I think people are too eager to chalk up the lack of players to no LAN support. While this is probably a huge factor, people tend to forget the nostalgia factor.

People have been playing the original game for over a decade. Anyone who loves an old game and understands that no small part of that love is in the nostalgia and the familiarity of it should be able to understand that it's easy to get attached to a game when you've played it that long. Speaking as a long time fanatic of Starcraft 1, Starcraft 2 is better in almost every measureable way. But I still like the first one way better. I've just been playing it so long, every pixel and sprite is practically etched into my being. Since Koreans are essentially an army of fanatics who have played the game religiously since it came out, its easy to see how they wouldn't want to leave it behind for something different, even if slightly so.

Cartman2nd

May 19, 2009
Having bought Starcraft II and, upon cheerfully coming home, failing to install it due to Battle.net I shall say:

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
I know this is diggin up and old thread, but the truth is that now even in the past month SC2 has become far more popular, with many of the old pros moving to this game so do the crowds. Obviously Blizzard hasn't wasted their money on advertising because they landed a deal with GOMTV for a shitpile of money.

There is big money in Korea for SC2 now which will attract some attention.

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
I know this is diggin up and old thread, but the truth is that now even in the past month SC2 has become far more popular, with many of the old pros moving to this game so do the crowds. Obviously Blizzard hasn't wasted their money on advertising because they landed a deal with GOMTV for a shitpile of money.

There is big money in Korea for SC2 now which will attract some attention.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Well duh, most of my Korean friends/family can't play it because their computer isn't good enough.

They're not going to upgrade computers anytime soon :p. Blizzard be warned of this when they release Diablo 3!