South Park: The Stick of Truth Wasn't Censored By PEGI

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Probably has to do with USK, the German censorship board. This "overrides" PEGI in Germany, and the game would have to be rated -- and likely rejected -- by them before release. My theory is that Ubisoft thought it better to screw over all of Europe rather than make a unique German version.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
erbkaiser said:
Probably has to do with USK, the German censorship board. This "overrides" PEGI in Germany, and the game would have to be rated -- and likely rejected -- by them before release. My theory is that Ubisoft thought it better to screw over all of Europe rather than make a unique German version.
This is the reason. All of Europe got the same version because they didn't want to resubmit the game in yet another version to the console manufacturers, I think. That's why the PC version is uncensored in all countries in Europe but Germany and Austria.

The game actually got delayed here because they shipped uncensored, American copies by accident, versions containing swastikas, which is forbidden to show in games in Germany, because games aren't considered art and only "official" art can show that (or documentaries/ educational stuff). Germany just sucks.

EDIT: Here is what the notice you get when you log into steam using a German IP and look at the page of South Park: The Stick of Truth:
http://i.imgur.com/Y4fh8xw.png (Sorry, I can't figure out how to embed the image again)