SouthPark: Chinatown Wars Is Worth Thirty Shekels

Mar 17, 2009
Helmet said:
The infamous SCAMola said:
South park aint relevant or funny no more.
Out of curiosity, what was the last episode of South Park that you saw? 'Cause I watch it on a regular basis. It's one of the few TV shows I still watch.

Name me any episode and I can tell you how I find it relevant/funny. Granted, what I find relevant or funny may not be to you, but that is all the more reason that posts like yours- the make general statements based entirely on your opinion- are a waste of space.

Feel free to prove me wrong.
Okay, heres one for ya, explain what is relevant and funny about the peruvian pan flute bands episode, I for one thought they were atrocious.

And you're wrong anyway, I am a long time fan of SP, it's just that season 12 was painfully unfunny and season 13 still has to win me back.

LeslieLu

Mar 27, 2009
Politically correct, no. But I do have to admit Chinatown Wars is a pretty badass game. GameStop's got a cool site up promoting it: www.gamestopchinatown.com . Check it.

Feb 13, 2008
Of course it was product placement, as was Bonestorm in the Simpsons. But, and this is a big but, it's an actual game. Which means that games are actually being accepted into the mainstream.

Svenparty

Jan 13, 2009
ohellynot said:
I never really liked south park, then again I am more mature that 12 year olds
What a lovely high horse you have!

Besides this, anyone saying this was "Product Placement" should know that they put refs towards games in if they personally like the game (As with Warcraft)

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Meh. South Park doesn't really appeal to me, though that sounds pretty funny.

Say Anything

Jan 23, 2008
MA7743W said:
ohellynot said:
Maybe 12 year olds can spell "than".
What 'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis? He used the right word, and he wasn't even trying to be offensive.

As for the episode of South Park, I felt it was very stale. The beginning was funny, when Stan's dad was trying to teach him the values of saving his money, but the episode went to Hell after that.

Dudemeister

Feb 24, 2008
Say Anything said:
MA7743W said:
ohellynot said:
What 'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis? He used the right word, and he wasn't even trying to be offensive.

As for the episode of South Park, I felt it was very stale. The beginning was funny, when Stan's dad was trying to teach him the values of saving his money, but the episode went to Hell after that.
Then I don't really understand what "I am more mature that 12 year olds" means.

May 7, 2008
south park is a great show..but i just wish they would back off from whats going on in the world and make something fun and silly to watch again.the list episode was fun and cute too watch...its getting too preachy.

the Simpson has become like family guy..(compare homer now to the older seasons)

family guy has also gotten stupid... (they even say in the episodes)

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
MA7743W said:
Say Anything said:
MA7743W said:
ohellynot said:

Then I don't really understand what "I am more mature that 12 year olds" means.
It was obviously a typo. Why are we picking on a typo when we could be asking him since when was South Park aimed at 12 year olds?

EDITED: Because I *GASP* made a typo.

PopperThingi

Mar 25, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Of course it was product placement, as was Bonestorm in the Simpsons. But, and this is a big but, it's an actual game. Which means that games are actually being accepted into the mainstream.
"South Park" and "mainstream" don't go so well together, but lets say for the sake of example it's acceptable. But, Parker and Stone are gamers, and they probably know much more than the usual television show creators about games (They refered to Call of Duty: World At War in "The Ungroundable" less than a week after its release).

I liked South Park from its beginning to its end, and I think they only got beeter with the years. Margaritavile was a good dose of laughter after a school test, and that's really all I can ask for.

PS: I live in Israel, and Southparkstudios.com is maybe the one site that didn't blocked me from using it. altought time zones make it hard to watch the episode just as they air it, but Im still satisfied.