Soviet-Themed Trailer Teases New Assassin's Creed Comic Book

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
I believe that the backstory of AC2 claims that the Tunguska event was actually the Assassins blowing up the staff with the help of Nikola Tesla does it not?

minotaur199

Sep 10, 2009
Interesting, I wonder what weapons will the assassin have...

Also

* In Soviet Russia, the game plays you! *

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
Percutio said:
This could put a twist on Assassin's Creed that I might actually enjoy.

Hopefully this gets confirmed.
What more confirmation do you need? It references a plot point from the game and pretty clearly shows a symbol unique to the series.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
Seems like i'm the first person to notice this....

The Tunguska explosion happend in 1908, the Russian revolution didn't occur until 1917.

If the ubisoft team wish to stick to historical accuracy in their games (they prided themselves on the fact that all the people you kill on AC 1 died in the same year that the game is set) then they should work around this. A nice compromise would be to set the game after 1917, but make it about the event which happend so many years ago. Or indeed, you could perhaps "straddle" the game between tsarist and soviet Russia.

I don't object to gamemakers sacrafising historical accuracy for an improved plot, they do have artistic license. But it is nice to see games, books or movies remain faithful to what historical evidence suggests.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Nickolai77 said:
Seems like i'm the first person to notice this....

The Tunguska explosion happend in 1908, the Russian revolution didn't occur until 1917.

If the ubisoft team wish to stick to historical accuracy in their games (they prided themselves on the fact that all the people you kill on AC 1 died in the same year that the game is set) then they should work around this. A nice compromise would be to set the game after 1917, but make it about the event which happend so many years ago. Or indeed, you could perhaps "straddle" the game between tsarist and soviet Russia.

I don't object to gamemakers sacrafising historical accuracy for an improved plot, they do have artistic license. But it is nice to see games, books or movies remain faithful to what historical evidence suggests.
I doubt it considering Ezio uncle thought the world was flat, I hope someone gave him a copy of the Divine comedy for christmas because even Dante was aware of both the spherical nature of the earth and the fact it had different timezones and different stars visible in the southern hemisphere.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Tom Phoenix said:
Anyway, I have to say, they chose a very unique setting. The Tunguska incident occured in 1908, meaning this will take place during the time of Imperial Russia. Not many movies/games/comics etc. take place during that time, so this will be a nice change of pace.
That's one of the things I've always liked about the Assassins Creed series, it takes you to places and times that video games don't normally go. How many games are set in Renaissance Italy and Medival middle east either?

I'm glad they've gone with something like this at least for the comic. Hopefully it means the same or at least a similarly unique setting for the third REAL sequel, rather than the early rumours it would be set in World War II.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Trivun said:
When you view the Tunguska incident file, it states almost outright that the Piece Of Eden involved is the staff, especially given that you drag the Staff over to the nuke button.

However, if I remember correctly the Assassins were trying to recruit Tesla in the letter. The Templar's attempts to discredit him came after that, and it wasn't to get their hands on a Piece: it was implied that Tesla got his KNOWLEDGE from a Piece, but the Templars smeared him only to keep him from spreading the secret of transmittable energy. Whether they got their hands on his Piece is still unclear.

At least, that's how I remember it.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I don't understand why video game comic books exist. And this does not help one bit.

Thorvan

May 15, 2009
The Ambrosian said:
Aaaand, 'In Soviet Russia...' jokes are gonna be half this thread.

OT: Looks interesting.
God damn it, now I'm feeling guilty. Ah, what the hell.

In Soviet Russia, blade hides you!

OT; Sounds cool. I never played much of the games themselves, but I always found the mythology to be quite interesting. See where this goes.

FROGGEman2

Queen of France
Mar 14, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Hmm, Well I figured the Assassins must have done something in the Cold War and
WW2. This could be interesting. Also: In Soviet Russia, Templars Assassinate you! (Had to say it =P)
Interesting topic- In WWII, the Assassins killed Hitler. He didn't actually kill himself, just trick everyone that he did with his Apple of Eden, which he got from Henry Ford, which HE got from Thomas Edison. Piece of Eden no.4, to be precise. Anyway, Hitler was trying to escape with Henry Ford's Apple (he wanted it from himself), but there was an Assassin waiting for him to just step out of the bunker...

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
FROGGEman2 said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Hmm, Well I figured the Assassins must have done something in the Cold War and
WW2. This could be interesting. Also: In Soviet Russia, Templars Assassinate you! (Had to say it =P)
Interesting topic- In WWII, the Assassins killed Hitler. He didn't actually kill himself, just trick everyone that he did with his Apple of Eden, which he got from Henry Ford, which HE got from Thomas Edison. Piece of Eden no.4, to be precise. Anyway, Hitler was trying to escape with Henry Ford's Apple (he wanted it from himself), but there was an Assassin waiting for him to just step out of the bunker...
They must have killed his girl friend to. She was just as bad as him.

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
Damnit, why did this have to just be a comic book. After seeing that trailer I think it would have made a damn good game, a damn shade better than watching Desmond piss around in some psuedo-futuristic memory machine.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
What is it with commies now a days, seriously they were our greatest enemies and caused the greatest amount of mass murder is history. Why would we want to play as the worlds greatest evil?