Spaaaaaaaaace ships

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
This is the sexiest thing i have ever seen

I know most people prefer the empire ones, but I think the republic ones look cooler.
And his older brother

VeryOddGamer

Feb 26, 2012
From the Knights of the Old Republic era of Star Wars, I give you:

the Interdictor-class cruiser (not be confused with the Interdictor-class star destroyer)
So sexy.
and The Ravager

Like an undead Star Destroyer. And I love undead things.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
I give my love to the USS Defiant. Small, fast, well armoured, and armed to the teeth. There's nothing quite like capital ship levels of firepower, in what essentially is a corvett hull.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
JamesStone said:
canadamus_prime said:
Hawk of Battle said:
Also relevant;

Where's my Federation now?
Presumably not compensating for something.
I don't know about the Federation, but the Goa'uld are probably waiting for Anubis to bring his Capital Ha'tak, with impenetrable shields and capable of One shooting every fucking thing in the history of space. Or waiting for the shielded Death Star to show up. If that thing can take care of a planet, it sure as hell can take care of that slow ass ship.
Whatever the case, I'd rather go with the ships that don't resemble giant red spiky penises.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
JamesStone said:
Hawk of Battle said:
Anything made by the Imperium of Man;

Also relevant;

Those things versus Angry Marines. Let's see who wins. And if they can't handle it alone, wait until Anubis gets pissed and shows up with the fucking Capital Ha'tak, capable of onne-shot killing every ship in space. And if that doesn't do, well, that's why the Ori were created.
Erm, ok, first of all, "Angry Marines" are a fanon space marine chapter and are no more powerful or dangerous than any other chapter, so I'm not really getting your point there.

As for Anubis, really? That ship took part in what, 2 on screen battles? "Every ship in space" is a bit much seeing as it only ever fought crappy Ha'Taks. It was a glorified Ha'Tak, that was only ever used against run of the mill Ha'Taks with grossly inferior tech to anything in 40K. Imperium ships are layered with void shields and hurl building sized projectiles at each other and battles last for hours. Even Goa'uld tech enhanced with Ancient knowledge wouldn't be able to last that long, especially considering power constraints like ZPMs (which Anubis never had) and which even full blown Ancient tech had a problem with.

Ori; might put up a fight, but their main weapons are essentially the SG verse equivilent of lance batteries, which Imperium ships have in droves. They'd likely kill frigates and such easily, but against Retribution class and Battle Barges they'd struggle.

You also mentioned the Deathstar in your other post (why exactly did you need to make 2 consecutive posts to critiscise mine again?), and really, what? You want to compare standard 5km long 40k warships, to a 270km long superweapon? Erm, ok. In that case maybe I should introduce you to a Blackstone Fortress or 6? Each one can destroy planets, is near indestructable (based on even more powerful and ancient alien tech)and when combined they get more powerful, up to and including being able to destroy stars and beyond.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010

The Incom T-65 X-wing is the fighter that killed the Death Star. An almost perfect balance of speed, maneuverability, and defensive shielding make it the fighter of choice for Rogue Squadron.

Thank you, general rieekan.

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
Vampire cat said:

Lucrehulk-class, oh so beautiful.
I enjoy the design for its aesthetics but I cannot say I like it for its flair or use, cause I don't even understand how that thing flies >.>

Mar 28, 2011
How could i forget these?

The Macross Quarter

The Macross Galaxy

And the VB-6 Konig Monster attack craft

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
fish iron4 said:
Im dissapointed by the lack of Warhammer 40k in this thread
OH REALLY

Hawk of Battle said:

Also relevant;

SckizoBoy said:
Gabanuka said:
who can make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs
That line is probably the pettiest gripe I have with SW...

Anyway... I'm rather torn between...

and

capthca - saucy! oh, innit... -_-
Muspelheim said:
The humble cruiser, the Emperor's workhorse.
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1185023_99120807001_BFGImperialCruisersMain_445x319.jpg

Speaking of humble, we've got the Executioner from EVE Online. Small, agile little frigate with a lot of pluck. Don't mess with space-bananas.

http://wiki.eveonline.com/wikiEN/images/c/c3/Executioner1.jpg
Don Savik said:
Warhammer 40k ships....y u so cool?

For a tabletop game it's been doing pretty well.

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Freelancer is MADE of awesome ships! And no one mentioned any of them!

How about the Liberty Siege Cruiser?

It's one big gauss cannon! http://discoverygc.com/wiki/images/d/d6/LibSiegeCruiser-s.png

And,if we're to go into it's mod,Discovery,there is literally ANY warship made by the Outcasts!

The "Ranseur" Class Dreadnought http://discoverygc.com/wiki/images/8/89/Ranseur-s.png

The "Storta" Clas Destroyer http://discoverygc.com/wiki/images/d/dc/Storta-s.png

The "Tridente" Class Gunboat http://discoverygc.com/wiki/images/c/cf/Tridente-s.png

Seriously. Be ashamed.

Mariakko

Nov 21, 2011
Troublesome Lagomorph said:
I'd so live on the Bebop.
I must have a thing for "beat-upish" looking ships because the Bebop and Serenity are my favourites.

BRENDOG28

Nov 23, 2011
http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=gundam+seed+destiny+minerva&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1R2ACAW_enAU436&tbm=isch&tbnid=_I7ZMjxV-oHiaM:&imgrefurl=http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-destiny/minerva.htm&docid=PYJU8Sz9cUU1yM&imgurl=http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/seed-destiny/minerva.jpg&w=400&h=400&ei=NanET7GIDOLdigezn8moCg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=86&vpy=125&dur=562&hovh=225&hovw=225&tx=117&ty=135&sig=111321739855181039059&page=1&tbnh=120&tbnw=120&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:71&biw=1366&bih=587 The Minerva from Gundam SEED Destiny soo much love, also Serentiy because its an extremely well designed ship

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
JamesStone said:
canadamus_prime said:
Hawk of Battle said:
Also relevant;

Where's my Federation now?
Presumably not compensating for something.
I don't know about the Federation, but the Goa'uld are probably waiting for Anubis to bring his Capital Ha'tak, with impenetrable shields and capable of One shooting every fucking thing in the history of space. Or waiting for the shielded Death Star to show up. If that thing can take care of a planet, it sure as hell can take care of that slow ass ship.
Whatever the case, I'd rather go with the ships that don't resemble giant red spiky penises.

Touché, good sir. Touché.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
Hawk of Battle said:
JamesStone said:
Hawk of Battle said:

Also relevant;

Those things versus Angry Marines. Let's see who wins. And if they can't handle it alone, wait until Anubis gets pissed and shows up with the fucking Capital Ha'tak, capable of onne-shot killing every ship in space. And if that doesn't do, well, that's why the Ori were created.
Erm, ok, first of all, "Angry Marines" are a fanon space marine chapter and are no more powerful or dangerous than any other chapter, so I'm not really getting your point there.

As for Anubis, really? That ship took part in what, 2 on screen battles? "Every ship in space" is a bit much seeing as it only ever fought crappy Ha'Taks. It was a glorified Ha'Tak, that was only ever used against run of the mill Ha'Taks with grossly inferior tech to anything in 40K. Imperium ships are layered with void shields and hurl building sized projectiles at each other and battles last for hours. Even Goa'uld tech enhanced with Ancient knowledge wouldn't be able to last that long, especially considering power constraints like ZPMs (which Anubis never had) and which even full blown Ancient tech had a problem with.

Ori; might put up a fight, but their main weapons are essentially the SG verse equivilent of lance batteries, which Imperium ships have in droves. They'd likely kill frigates and such easily, but against Retribution class and Battle Barges they'd struggle.

You also mentioned the Deathstar in your other post (why exactly did you need to make 2 consecutive posts to critiscise mine again?), and really, what? You want to compare standard 5km long 40k warships, to a 270km long superweapon? Erm, ok. In that case maybe I should introduce you to a Blackstone Fortress or 6? Each one can destroy planets, is near indestructable (based on even more powerful and ancient alien tech)and when combined they get more powerful, up to and including being able to destroy stars and beyond.
Oh, no. I'm not Critizing. Do not know where you got that ideia from. I just commented because of the Demotivational poster, considering I find unfair to compare the frigate Class Ha'taks with THAT overcompensational monstrosity. And true, the Angry Marines are a fanon chapter, that part was simply a joke. However, if you look for more "serious" Fanon, you'll find some cool stories about them that aren't complete idiocracies, and DoW II mods include a special angry marines campaign, that I found to be the sweetest thing I ever played. But that doesn't matter. It was a joke. But if you are overanalyzing it, the Angry Marines, by the established Fanon, are "stronger, faster, more durable and more insanely furious" than any other Chapter. They are known to be able to decimate entire starsystems without superweapons, and even Ultra Marines are scrubs compared to them. But it doesn't matter. BECAUSE IT WAS A JOKE. Also, I only replied twice because I got mistaken and quoted someone else on accident.

But on topic: If I am not mistaken, the Anubis Class Destroyer was powered by Zero Point Modules, thanks to Anubis connections to the Ancients. Although Anubis never adquired more than a few ZPM's, his ship could be connected up to 100, if I'm not mistaken. Considering that we are talking about the ships at their full power, the Destroyer could punch a whole trough anything because it can charge almost unlimited energy to their shields and main gun. Not only that, but it has been stated in an episode that the main gun seems to ignore most shields, or at least penetrate them with ease. So those void shields would be of little use.

Not to mention you didn't talk about the Ori, my backup argument. The only thing able to destroy an Ori ship was a Super Stargate activation blast, which didn't even desintegrated it totally, just blew the central reactor. Building sized projectiles are like mosquito bites to those monsters. The only reason the Ori were defeated was thanks to the Ancient's help by using the Ark of Truth, basically "un-indocrinating" their priests, the ones controling the ships. Without that option, how could the Empire or anyone survive in a full blown battle?