Space Hulk Returning to PC, Mobile

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
DjinnFor said:
IanDavis said:
The success of XCOM has proved that there's a mainstream future for turn-based strategy games.
So am I the only person who thought it was a mediocre game at best? And I'm not even saying that from the perspective of a fan of the originals, because I've never played them.
No, there were plenty of people who felt that way, from grizzled XCOM veterans to green rookies. I wasn't one of those people though, love me some tactical RPG action. If the critical and commercial success of the new XCOM means a bigger slice of tactical RPG goodness, then good. Because that's what I wanted.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
It looks like it's about Blood Ravens, but Full Control =/= Relic, right? Aren't the Blood Ravens sort of Relic's pet chapter?
Eh, anyway, I'm intrigued. I'll hold my evaluation until I at least see some ingame graphics, but this does sound interesting. The article makes it sound like it'll be turn-based, which is a good idea. I'd love to - basically - see a new Chaos Gate with squads but individual unit management.

EDIT: Why are people saying it'll be Blood Angels? Look at the pauldron, the colour's all wrong for Blood Angels.

Aug 31, 2012
Skeleon said:
EDIT: Why are people saying it'll be Blood Angels? Look at the pauldron, the colour's all wrong for Blood Angels.
Zykon TheLich said:
Reading the interview: "you?re [Blood Angel Captain Michaelus] Raphael"

Edit:
Also

Correct colours, plus winged blood drop on knee of second termie, belt of first. Click on and then zoom to get a close up look, they are definitely Blood Angels insignia, not Blood Ravens.

Blood drop patterns on knee in pattern common to Blood Angels Termies.

Spacefrog

Apr 27, 2011
Skeleon said:
You did notice the red drop on that pauldron (And knee and left shoulder) right? That's Blood angels Heraldry
Different colours than the rest of the army is quite normal for Terminators (Just see the Deathwing)and Blood angel terminators have been seen with a single white pauldron before

EDIT: Ninja'd

you?re the underdog. You?re going to lose this game three out of four times, just as in the boardgame.
Sounds about right, that game is hard to survive as the human player.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
LordJedi86 said:
Terminator Armour DLC, Storm Bolter DLC, Power mele weapons DLC, Deathwing DLC, Ultramarine DLC, Imperial Fist DLC, Chaos DLC and Veteran mission mode DLC each sold separately.

*Speculative Prediction*

(And hopefully it gets an android version as well.)

EDIT- Of course it will probably be Blood Angels, but the chance to be Deathwing would kick bum!
What gives you the idea about all that DLC nonsense? EA isn't the publisher.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Looks really good. Space Hulk is one of my favourite board games.

I wonder if they'll be basing the game more on the 3rd edition rules or the 1st edition. Based on the bit about the flamer rules in the interview, they're not going with 2nd edition, which is good. I guess the main difference between 1st and 3rd would be that in 3rd ed, overwatch is much more powerful.

Either way, I can't wait.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Zykon TheLich said:
Huh, interesting. I thought that "pergament-colour" was specific to the Blood Ravens. But then most of my WH40K knowledge comes from Relic's games (and Chaos Gate) plus some audiobooks (and those are obviously lacking in the exact colouring detail).

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Jennacide said:
LordJedi86 said:
Terminator Armour DLC, Storm Bolter DLC, Power mele weapons DLC, Deathwing DLC, Ultramarine DLC, Imperial Fist DLC, Chaos DLC and Veteran mission mode DLC each sold separately.

*Speculative Prediction*

EDIT- Of course it will probably be Blood Angels, but the chance to be Deathwing would kick bum!
To be honest, I don't have a single [http://store.steampowered.com/app/56437/] bloody clue [http://store.steampowered.com/app/55150/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1] as to what he was talking about.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Zykon TheLich said:
Blood Ravens also use the red teardrop emblem, plus the bleached bone pauldrons. I was just making a joke that the Blood Ravens had been "gifted" some of the Angels' power armor and hastily painted their own colors on top.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
I'm less hoping for something akin to X-Com and more hoping for something like Dawn Of War 2.

...It's going to be nothing like Dawn Of War 2, isn't it?

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
I'm really disappointed. I was hoping for something more akin to Space Hulk: Vengeance of the Blood Angels than a carbon copy of the boardgame. I'll still buy it of course, but yeah... not the greatest news.

For those who don't know -

UniversalRonin

Nov 14, 2012
Scrythe said:
Jennacide said:
LordJedi86 said:

*Speculative Prediction*

To be honest, I don't have a single [http://store.steampowered.com/app/56437/] bloody clue [http://store.steampowered.com/app/55150/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1] as to what he was talking about.
Hahahahaha!!!! Guilty as charged m'lud.

(Edited for conciseness, and to acknowledge this other chaps links.)

UniversalRonin

Nov 14, 2012
Programmed_For_Damage said:
LordJedi86 said:
Awww yeah! The Dark Angel's Deathwing Terminators would kick so much arse! I could have sworn the original PC version had them in it, or at least they were on the cover in their white armour.
You know what, Now that you mention it, I'm sure the fluff around the game was all about the Deathwing in the first version of it. Didn't they make a whole mythos about Genestealers being the reason that they have white armour instead of the normal green DA armour? Though I could be thinking of the Dark Millennium box. (The old expansion that had all of the Psycker cards and extra templates and stuff)

Aug 31, 2012
Soviet Heavy said:
Zykon TheLich said:
Blood Ravens also use the red teardrop emblem, plus the bleached bone pauldrons. I was just making a joke that the Blood Ravens had been "gifted" some of the Angels' power armor and hastily painted their own colors on top.
Yes, but the belt and knee insignia are specifically Blood Angels.

Also, I know, I saw your edit.

Aug 31, 2012
LordJedi86 said:
You know what, Now that you mention it, I'm sure the fluff around the game was all about the Deathwing in the first version of it. Didn't they make a whole mythos about Genestealers being the reason that they have white armour instead of the normal green DA armour? Though I could be thinking of the Dark Millennium box. (The old expansion that had all of the Psycker cards and extra templates and stuff)
Sort of. The first Space Hulk (board game) was Blood Angels. The Deathwing expansion introduced the white colouring for Deathwing termies due to the genestealer in vasion of one of their recruiting worlds in a short story, though at the time the DAs still had Black armour, not green. Genestealer was the expansion that introduced all the Psychic stuff.

The 1st Space Hulk computer game used the same missions as the Space Hulk Boardgame (IIRC) but used Dark Angels. The second space Hulk computer game used Blood Angels.

Also apologies for double post

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Oh god, yes, YES! If this is good... I love me some 40k, and I love me some RTS. Yessss~!

UniversalRonin

Nov 14, 2012
Zykon TheLich said:
very explanatory snip
Cool! Cheers for that mate. Looks like I had a few different things all mixed up together. I haven't played the first space hulk video game, but have played the second one. I honestly always preferred Chaos Gate and Dark Omen for GW PC Games.