Space Janitors: Deck Crew: Droids

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
As usual, Deck Crew > Main Series. Though Deck Crew wouldn't really work without the main show providing some context. Also, I was constantly expecting them to comment how "uncanny" the lifelike droids feel... :p

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Ahh observational humor on how white girls are different from droid girls. Interesting take on racism of the future!

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Best Deck Crew episode yet. Very funny.

Kind of curious about the noises LN-6 makes, now... Is that weird?

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Odd humor, but nice.

Captcha: strike a match

No thank you. Those droids might be pushing out gases way more flamable than methane.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
This was a well acted little fireside chat. I miss the old droids too. Damn you revamped Cylons!

Old school cyclopian robots in pimped out chrome plating was the way to go. You can't shoot a mirrored surface robot with a laser--it'll bounce straight back at you. Well, unless you shoot them in their shiny missile boobs. Then, the angle of reflection is a crap shoot (possibly with grinding noises).

Get the Rebecca Mayes Muses t-shirts off of the Escapist Store and give me a Deck Crew garment option. Take my damn money!

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
I kinda thought there was going to be a reveal that they themselves where droids. Oh well.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
"They just make real mices now"
this line made me laugh

At first they make synthetic analogue but after a while they realize that real thing is cheaper :D

andersgeek

Jul 6, 2010
Mylinkay Asdara said:
I was half expecting one of the L's to wander through mid-conversation.
Me, too. I don't know whether it's good or bad that they didn't answer this expectation...

praetor_alpha

LOL, Canada!
Mar 4, 2010
I was expecting one to say something, and then suddenly get all awkward. Nice job!

Nin nin ooo ouuu!

Daystar Clarion said:
You humans are all racist.
We have dismissed that claim.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Aureliano said:
Ahh observational humor on how white girls are different from droid girls. Interesting take on racism of the future!
racism in SPAAAAACE!

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Ah, missile boobies, good times, good times.
I remember being chased by one on a jungle planet once. Killed it with a banana in it's jetpack exhaust.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
008Zulu said:
The probably make those grinding noises in the bathroom because they are Mush intolerant.
They are milk-intolerant - we know that much. And it is not even the lactose, but the sheer grossness of it.

Hylke Langhout

Mar 2, 2011
This is a pretty interesting take on the future of the Uncanny Valley effect. Also, did anyone notice that the tools they were using looked a lot like the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver? Just a thought.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
This was pretty good. It made me think "Kids in the hall... IN SPACE!", which is a good thing.