Space Janitors: Deck Crew: Payday

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
I love these little shorts, and I also love the inventive use of old school tech as the cloaking device and the simple interactions between the characters, really relatable and humanizes the characters. good work.

Captcha: Dollar Bill. Oddly apropriate.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
The whole paycard thing is just beyond my ability to believe. The spaceships, cloaking devices, androids, and boss choking I can believe, but they're on a spaceship. Why do they still get paycards?

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
vxicepickxv said:
The whole paycard thing is just beyond my ability to believe. The spaceships, cloaking devices, androids, and boss choking I can believe, but they're on a spaceship. Why do they still get paycards?
Well why else would they have a payroll droid?

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
vxicepickxv said:
I think that's part of the joke. The old "more things change the more they stay the same" cliche perhaps?

I'm not really sold on the shorts. I realize that the regular episodes are pretty production-heavy and can't come out every week, but isn't this disjointed schedule the same thing that doomed PGG?

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Yay, more Deck Crew!
I love these shorts you guys do, too bad this one is quite SO short...

FEichinger

Aug 7, 2011
While I certainly like the humor of the short tie-ins... It does feel, how should I call it ... franchiseanized. Too many clips out of the actual series, three types of parallel seria ...
Would prefer them to be either structured more clearly (i.e. distinct features for SJ, SJ:DC, BtS), or simply scrap SJ:DC and BtS for the time being ...

Mouse_Crouse

Apr 28, 2010
Avaholic03 said:
I'm not really sold on the shorts. I realize that the regular episodes are pretty production-heavy and can't come out every week, but isn't this disjointed schedule the same thing that doomed PGG?
Although PGG had a similar schedule. I believe that most if not all of this show has already been filmed. They won some kind of contest and get funding from some Canadian organization. Hence the higher production value and long credits. During some of the making of shorts there was footage of scenes we to this day haven't seen. So they must be filmed ahead of time. Like a regular TV show. They film for weeks straight and a few months later all the episodes come out once a week. Now no, I don't know this for sure. But that seems (to me anyway) like how this is all working.

Edit: I miss PGG.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
I really enjoy this series and their deadpan humor. :) I hope to see it carry on for a good long time.

XDravond

Something something....
Mar 30, 2011
Kinda funny and very well made short I say keep it coming. And yea it feels a bit "spin-offish" to have these but I rather have them then not...

Keep messing with the payroll droid I'm sure it will come to it's sensors.... ;-)

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
The "It was hillariou.....I understand." transition was perfect.

Flash of skeleton was a nice touch. I found this episode to be exactly the right length for the content delivered. Less time=too short of an episode. More time=dragging out the joke. Well done.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I wonder how he will smooth things over with the payroll droid? Maybe an unlimited gift certificate at the Shining & Buffing kiosk?

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
That skeleton joke was definitely a good idea, but I'm not sold on the payroll droid joke. It would be funny if that guy had just accidentally erased its memory in such a way that it forgot to pay him, but if the droid has the personality of a human such that it gets pissed off at his pranks then he's just whatever the sci-fi equivalent of racist is.