Space Janitors: Deck Crew: Tools

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
To be fair, Star Trek replicators require a special fuel to provide particles for rearranging. They don't make things out of thin air.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
A little anti climatic. I was kind of expecting someone to burst in and show off exactly what Marf(?) just described. And then both their minds would blow.

pluizig

Jan 11, 2010
Sarah Hiller is a great actress. Already a great performance in Bounty Hunter, but if she keeps this up, Walmsley might become SJ's breakout character.

Any chance these guys will show up in the main show sometimes?

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Let me put on my "comedian who's been booed of stage" hat.
The joke was too long. 20 seconds, tops. You strung it out for over a minute and just drained the humor out of it. The setup wasn't really that good either, since the Sonic Screwdriver wasn't established until the end, and it's "fix all" attribute wasn't emphasized. If she was fixing random stuff with it throughout the sketch, it may have had a better effect.

Monster_user

Jan 3, 2010
unacomn said:
Let me put on my "comedian who's been booed of stage" hat.
The joke was too long. 20 seconds, tops. You strung it out for over a minute and just drained the humor out of it. The setup wasn't really that good either, since the Sonic Screwdriver wasn't established until the end, and it's "fix all" attribute wasn't emphasized. If she was fixing random stuff with it throughout the sketch, it may have had a better effect.
Their sonic screwdriver is just like the future real life sonic screwdriver. It tightens screws & bolts, picks mechanical locks, and is used for surgery.

Sure it is slightly more useful than a standard screwdriver, but it is not a one tool for everything piece of technology. Notice the toolbox sitting on the floor, and the comment "which one" when asked for a screwdriver. Although, why they would need to cary multiple screwdrivers when they have a sonic screwdriver is beyond me.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
This reminds me of an invention I was thinking of before. Instead of landing on planets and stuff, we should invent some sort of, like, magical beam sort of thing that just, you know, transports people from one place to another. But I guess that's what the TARDIS is for.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Saltyk said:
I'm certainly enjoying these. I hope it continues.

Daystar Clarion said:
Tea.

Earl Grey.

Hot.

Oh look, it appeared.

What? No, I don't have a replicator.

I call it my fiancee.
That's basically the same thing. Right?
Not unless she reproduces through mitosis. She doesn't, right?

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
I really didn't realise that internet video qualified for Ontario film credit. Either they're getting desperate of they're moving with the times.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
RandV80 said:
Dastardly said:
Something, something, tachyons. Something, subspace, something. I always loved when the Star Trek v. Star Wars debaters tried to focus on how "realistic" the science was in their respective pet property... The debate itself can be worthwhile, but that particular side of it is just silly.

It's like arguing whose imaginary friend is taller.
Yes these can be rather funny. Though one thing that stands out for me in favour of Star Trek is that it seems like the creators actually put some thought and maybe a bit of scientific knowledge into their stuff, where Star Wars on the other hand George Lucas was obviously just pulling stuff out of his ass which left it up to others afterwards to try to quantify the specs. And the funny part here is that for the people that did this it almost seems like the intent was entirely focused on making their imaginary ladder for Star Wars that much taller than Star Trek' imaginary ladder.
The reason for that is because Star Wars is more Fantasy Sci-fi, while Star Trek is straight up Science Fiction.