Space Janitors: Episode 5

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Clankenbeard said:
2. If you get the opportunity to remotely control the body of hot blonde, the mandatory first step is "clothes off and dance around". Each male is pulled aside as a child and taught this lesson by their father. I know I was. (Of course back then, the more likely causes were voodoo, hypnosis or witchcraft.) If this teaching has been abandonned in the future, it is a sadder place.
There is a possible simple explanation for this - the clothes are non-removable; they are a part of the android's skin.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
the beginning was just hilarious. giant laser and shoots a guy in the shoulder. brilliant. then incoming call from dark lord. that cracked me up even more.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Don Reba said:
Clankenbeard said:
2. If you get the opportunity to remotely control the body of hot blonde, the mandatory first step is "clothes off and dance around". Each male is pulled aside as a child and taught this lesson by their father. I know I was. (Of course back then, the more likely causes were voodoo, hypnosis or witchcraft.) If this teaching has been abandonned in the future, it is a sadder place.
There is a possible simple explanation for this - the clothes are non-removable; they are a part of the android's skin.
I don't like this. Take it back.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Clankenbeard said:
Don Reba said:
Clankenbeard said:
I'm sorry. I don't know why I said all those hurtful things. Of course, there is a beautiful, anatomically correct body under those clothes. Only three degrees colder.

Geoff Lapaire

May 14, 2012
Clankenbeard said:
Don Reba said:
Clankenbeard said:
Too late, this has now been incorporated as official canon for the series! Have to keep things consistent somehow.

Btw, if you're looking for inconsistencies, have a look at 7:09

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Geoff Lapaire said:
I looked, but didn't see a problem. Please elaborate.
EDIT: Spotted. See later post.

If it's somehow a color thing, then I have an excuse, being red/green colorblind. Her hand and face look to be slightly different shades. People have always been green to me, causing lots of "whut?!?!"s when discussing the Hulk or Green Lantern's abnormal skin. It looks normal to me. (Did you know that The Lakers play in yellow and PURPLE?!?!? I'm 43 and I found out last year for the first time.)

Xion Dominagus

Dec 20, 2011
Anyone else think that the circle logo with the square(Two triangles) inside of it looks like the Guardian Symbol from Reboot?

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
Xion Dominagus said:
Anyone else think that the circle logo with the square(Two triangles) inside of it looks like the Guardian Symbol from Reboot?
You are the fourth person to mention it this thread.

Sorry, that was a little curt of me. Yes, that's the Reboot logo.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
FelixG said:
Clankenbeard said:
Geoff Lapaire said:
I looked, but didn't see a problem. Please elaborate.
I couldn't spot the issue either
D'oh. I see now. I totally missed it. LN9-K goes hand to chin with her right hand a 7:09. When the shot switches to Brad and in the following camera switch back, it is her left hand being removed. Android trickery if afoot!

You guys are doing this series very tongue-in-cheek for how real people would respond to the exceptional events in typical sci-fi (no, not syfy!) movies. It is comedy perfectly targetted to me. For this, I thank you.

DECK CREW EPISODE PITCH:
I would love to see a Deck Crew short where they are repairing the continuity drive on the ship. As a result the entire episode is filled with discontinuities like this hand switch here, or bits out of sequence, or different actors switching in/out. This idea has some big potential for hillarity. Mull it! (I'll require crediting and back end points.)

Geoff Lapaire

May 14, 2012
yup, that's it. The hand switch is something the brain doesn't really pick up on, I was glad to be able to cut those two takes together.
Re: episode idea, that's cool - Star Trek style tech problem that breaks the fourth wall.

ShadowGandalf01

Oct 3, 2011
2:33.... yes, I noticed. Sonic Screwdriver from Matt Smiths Doctor Who. As a massive Doctor Who fan I could hardly fail to notice that...

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Geoff Lapaire said:
yup, that's it. The hand switch is something the brain doesn't really pick up on, I was glad to be able to cut those two takes together.
I'd say the edit worked well if we needed a tipoff to spot it. I did notice that LN9-K switched from direct mimicking to mirror image at the tail end of the "best date ever" scene. But the goofy gesticulating whilst staring blanky forward was too hillarious to nitpick using the wrong hands.
Geoff, your name is all over this endeavor: co-creator, writer, director, editor. You wear many hats. And your vision is clearer than the Giant Laser techs. I know they weren't seeing anything through those welding masks.

UnderGlass

Jan 12, 2012
Okay. You found your funny on this one. The laser gag was sweet and Ellen 9's disgusted look was priceless.

Xion Dominagus

Dec 20, 2011
Endocrom said:
Xion Dominagus said:
You are the fourth person to mention it this thread.

Sorry, that was a little curt of me. Yes, that's the Reboot logo.
Hell yea I knew it.

CyborgGinger

Apr 1, 2011
"It's over between you two, you need to _move along_"

This line was easily my favourite in the whole series. Such a nice little touch, very witty.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Everything about this series is just brilliant! Long may it live on.

unacomn said:
The ReBoot logo is everywhere. Does this actually take place in Mainframe?
Ice_Orchid said:
unacomn said:
The ReBoot logo is everywhere. Does this actually take place in Mainframe?
It's such a frelling relief to see some one else mention it :)
Yes it will be awesome if its just another game on the Mainframe, or even better the "NET"...
You two are my new favourite people right now.

Clankenbeard said:
DECK CREW EPISODE PITCH:
I would love to see a Deck Crew short where they are repairing the continuity drive on the ship. As a result the entire episode is filled with discontinuities like this hand switch here, or bits out of sequence, or different actors switching in/out. This idea has some big potential for hillarity. Mull it! (I'll require crediting and back end points.)
I fully endorse this idea! Make it, make it now!