Space marine demo! Have you played it?

Yogal_Fish

Aug 25, 2011
Its out on XBL marketplace,PSN store and Steam

Its most probs the most fun ive had on a game in ages.
Did you like it?

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I have.

It convinced me to avoid buying the game. At least not at full price.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
the same Yogal_Fish as the one on GameFAQ's?

Played it, enjoyed it, most likely gonna rent it as I dont think its worth £40 but Im on the verge of saying "fuck it" and just buying it anyway.

But yes, a ME style RPG where you play as an Inquisitor is so needed.

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
I already gave a huge write up in a previous thread about how i hated it, it didn't really care for the source material at all and wasn't all that true to warhammer since am a HUGE fan of the tabletop.

regardless of all my points i got upwards to like 15 replies? saying am stupid a fanboy and an idiot so i wont bother going deeper into it.

Its not really warhammer but if your not into warhammer its fun, it seems targeted at the non fans who just like blood.

If your a hardcore table top/lore fan you'll feel insulted and disgusted and scratching your head the whole time.

sigh... the closest they've came to a game that really feels like warhammer recently is DOW2.

stebsy

Jul 24, 2011
Wasn't very good just felt like one massive cluster fuck, none of the mechanics felt very satisfying either.

Yogal_Fish

Aug 25, 2011
Cracktopus said:
Yogal_Fish said:
-- and Steam [only in the US]
Actually as far as I know it's out on Steam everywhere else but the UK.
Ah okay.
My friend whos german said he couldnt see it, so i didnt really know if it was only US or he just coulnt find it.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Legion IV said:
I already gave a huge write up in a previous thread about how i hated it, it didn't really care for the source material at all and wasn't all that true to warhammer since am a HUGE fan of the tabletop.

regardless of all my points i got upwards to like 15 replies? saying am stupid a fanboy and an idiot so i wont bother going deeper into it.

Its not really warhammer but if your not into warhammer its fun, it seems targeted at the non fans who just like blood.

If your a hardcore table top/lore fan you'll feel insulted and disgusted and scratching your head the whole time.

sigh... the closest they've came to a game that really feels like warhammer recently is DOW2.
People have a tendency to call a spade a spade, and find overly emotive fanboying facepalm inducing in its irrationality
Just because its using the 40k license doesnt mean it has to be a direct translation of the tabletop, and your interpretation of it is not the only valid one, but youve probably heard this before and I really dont feel like banging my head against a brick wall.

EDIT=In fact after reading through a couple of your other posts I get the feeling your just a kid, hopefully you'll soon grow up a little and learn to see things from different/more logical perspectives.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I even recorded a LP of it, you can find it in the user review section of this site. I liked it quite a lot; the combat was really satisfying to me. I'm very glad I pre-ordered!

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Legion IV said:

Not you again. *Sigh* I'm sorry, but your in the minority on this one. Most people (Who are FANS of Warhammer 40K, such as myself) love this game and its pretty damn good to the source.

Table Top /= True Lore

The reason they don't go all out full lore for the table top is due to balance issues. Hell in DoW2 Space marine comes in 3-4 squad size. They don't have any melee options at all and only use the bolter. HOW is that closest to the lore? please tell me that. Its because they need to make the game fun, and in a Game like Space Marine they can actually follow the lore closer.

also quick edit.

I don't mind that you don't like the game. its your opinion but what I hate is when someone speak as if they speak for everyone. Saying shit like

"A true fan would hate."
"Only a non-fan would play this game"

it irks me when people do this.

Legion IV

Mar 30, 2010
Outcast107 said:
Legion IV said:

Not you again. *Sigh* I'm sorry, but your in the minority on this one. Most people (Who are FANS of Warhammer 40K, such as myself) love this game and its pretty damn good to the source.

Table Top /= True Lore

The reason they don't go all out full lore for the table top is due to balance issues. Hell in DoW2 Space marine comes in 3-4 squad size. They don't have any melee options at all and only use the bolter. HOW is that closest to the lore? please tell me that. Its because they need to make the game fun, and in a Game like Space Marine they can actually follow the lore closer.
I guess i always say that Table top lore is first because well, it is isint it? Didn't war hammer start out as a table top?

i guess what i jment about Dawn of war 2 was that space marines dont go killing everything easily, also the Intro cutscene was awsome you had two squads one space marine and one eldar, guess what it was pretty even.

I guess i just hate how the orcs are tissue paper. Here i guess I'll stop hating until i see choas. Hows that? If choas appears and they still get owned like nothing then I'll be right, you and me both know Choas is extremely powerful and even in some senses far more powerful lore wise. ever read the horus hearsy? Didnt like one guy who was turned chaos pretty much take over a whole ship. I love that series! If you havent read it read it!.

Sorry for being so harsh, just i love the universe so much, and suddenly this games getting huge hype and praise and non fans are everywhere (not saying your not one) just playing the games don't make you a fan since there so distant.

Just i will step back and say your right until i see some footage with choas, if you mow them down am right. You said space marines are gods and can murder everything simple, well then a single fight with a Choas space marine better be a Mini boss or straight boss all together. Am gonna go paint my new army i got, basing it off my favorite Legion Aplha Legion pre hearsay :). Secrets and lies (Legion ANOTHER great book)

Sorry for calling you out, i did not mean to just, warhammers a passion to me.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I made this thread before you plagiarising heretical b-ah, I'm just kidding. I did make a thread before but I ain't too bothered. Welcome to the forums, don't go in the basement.

Cracktopus said:
Yogal_Fish said:
-- and Steam [only in the US]
Actually as far as I know it's out on Steam everywhere else but the UK.
it's out in the uk on xbox, I don't know about steam, though.

I said in the earlier thread that whilst I enjoyed it, I thought it may get old through a full game.

I have now felt the urge to play the demo around ten times. It logically seems so much like it should get old, but they've nailed the feel so well that I've become utterly addicted to it. I look forward to playing the full game on the 9th of September.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Legion IV said:
Its fine, just read my edit in my post. I just don't like to hear when people claim only true fans would hate or like stuff. I don't mind people different opinion of games, hey I hate Final Fantasy with a passion, but it just not my cup of tea.

It the same with this game. I LOVE! the Warhammer universe. I'm planning on getting into the table top here soon when I can find a damn job (Being in the USA sucks at the moment). But you have to look at this as a game version. Not a Table Top version.

I mean hell, I read on forums that people complain of DoW 2 due to the size of the game. How Orks and Tyranids aren't following lore wise. Or how Space marines are never lead by a tech marine or Apothecary. Some things needs to be change to introduce a fun and at the same time balance game.

Also I would assume its how many Chaos Soldiers we would be facing at a time to agree with you. If we are facing a small squad like say, 3-4 Then nah I can't agree. But if we face off against like 6-8 and tear them apart easily then Yeah, they fuck up that up badly. But from the gameplay most of the Chaos soldiers come in small pacts like how the Ultramarine do.

Also just a piece of advice, lets not hate on new people playing the game. The more people are introduce into Warhammer, the more stuff we get. And possible a life action movie or at least a high budget one in CGI (I still need to see the Ultramarines movie, just to see what its like.)

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
I played it. It was kinda fun, but not really my style of game. I might buy it eventually on like a Steam summer sale if they ever have it or something.

Mind_Gravel

Jun 7, 2010
faspxina said:
It was pretty cool. It felt like a bloodier version of Ratchet & Clank.
This is exactly what I thought when I first saw this game, and after playing the demo I am inclined to agree.