Spam thread

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
What is its story, where did it come from, what does it stand for, what does it want? Do you actually like it? Do you eat it often? I occasionally find myself in a place - some would say a troubled place - where all I desire is to feel that salty, greasy pink mass sliding gracefully over my tongue to plunge down my abyssal gullet like the diseased, bloated corpse of a pauper into a lime pit.

It's quite popular in China with rice. You can make a great breakfast out of rice, a bit of spam on top, a fried egg plopped on top of that and some soy sauce drizzled over it all.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Seems the Wild West is leaking...I will get the duct tape.

Spam is gross. Food should never look pre-vomited.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Never had spam, never cared to eat it, but got a can of Spamalot Spam in my room. Why?

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Saelune said:
Seems the Wild West is leaking...I will get the duct tape.

Spam is gross. Food should never look pre-vomited.
Nice!

Or premasticated for that matter.

Padwolf

Sep 2, 2010
You know what? I like it. Yeah I said it. I used to have it in sandwiches often as a kid. It was nice. I don't eat it very often anymore, mainly because I forget it exists, but when I do it is a very nice sandwich indeed.

vashthblackseed

Mar 31, 2011
Is it really any different from a hotdog? Both are horribly disgusting piles of mystery meat + ???. Yet America eats a shit ton of both.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
It's okay, I'd rather have those little Vienna sausages myself.

Death Carr

Less Than 3D
Mar 30, 2011
sliced ~1.5cm thick, fried until crispy and put in a sandwich with some cheese and HP sauce is a great snack

you can blame my dad for me liking spam, when I was little he'd take it to work every day for lunch and I eventually wanted to try it myself

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
I'm not a big fan of canned meat. There's a similar product called Treet. There's actually a whole world of canned meat if you poke your nose around.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I don't want to bad mouth it too much, because my mom grew up poor and SPAM was a cheap and easy meat source for them. Personally I think its disgusting because it has the texture of a sponge. But for those who can stomach it, its probably worth it.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I like spam (meat of course)!

I generally loved it when fry and dislike it in cold form when used as a sandwich. As the OP said it actually also good with rice particually fried rice (and aswell with noodles) as well but real meat is better!

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I think it's one of the worst meats. I'll eat it if I'm desperate, but it's bologna tier.
LRR did a fairly deep dive on the subject.

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
It's good fried, I find. Or boiled with cheap noodles. Gives them a good boost.

but the best by far is spam with spam spam spam and spam with spam spam and spam with a side of spam.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
The Decapitated Centaur said:
It looks repulsive

You're supposed to eat it, not frame it in an art gallery and charge groups of student wankers to look at it.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Meh, I can see how it might put some off, but truth be told, most foods at some point have a "revolting" stage in their life-cycle, i.e.: steak doesn't look nearly as appealing hanging on a hook being bled from a slit in it's neck; Spam's stage just happens to be closer to the retail shelf...

That being said, though quite salty, Spam is pretty good when cooked correctly. My girlfriend makes a Spam dish she learned about in the Philippians; fried Spam diced and served over served over rice with fresh cucumbers and tomatoes. Oh my GAWD, so good and so easy!!

Just saying: don't knock it 'til you try it! ;)