Spec Ops: The Line and Bioshock Get Dirt Cheap Bundle

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Why does this have to be PC exclusive? My craptop probably can't even handle the original Bioshock let alone Spec Ops.

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
As a huge advocate for Spec Ops: The Line, a heartily urge people to do this. It was a decent 3rd person shooter with a excellent story, that just didn't get the coverage it deserved. The fact that it really was just a "once through" story game is probably what hurt it most, but $20? Bargain. Support them if you can.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
According to the Amazon site the two Bioshocks are both Steam codes but Spec Ops is a Download via Amazon

3 Game Downloads in This Bundle

1. Bioshock 2 [Online Game Code]

2. Bioshock [Online Game Code]

3. Spec Ops: The Line [Download]

will this affect non US residents?

(EDIT: Nevermind, got it)

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
All right, making a us account seems easy enough, but what about payment options? I don't have a US credit card or bank account.

TheMich88

Oct 19, 2009
Richardplex said:
TheMich88 said:
Richardplex said:
TheMich88 said:
Top Hat said:
"Game Downloads are only available to US customers"
Why would you do this to me Amazon? :'(

EDIT: After looking round the internet, I found a website called ViaAddress, who give you a US postal address, which you can use for things like this. So even though I live in the UK, I've been able to buy the bundle.
So the steam keys are not region locked? And through ViaAddress you could purchase even from Italy?
I can confirm that method works from the UK, so no region locking as far as I can tell.
So how about ViaAddress? Are they reliable? Where's the catch with their free account?
You know these are just digital Steam codes right? NI don't see the relevance. At least from what my 5 seconds of googling told me about it.
My worry about ViaAddress is only about possible extra fees that come out of nowhere or other sort of trouble that might occur with having a US address, I don't know... obviously I did not mean reliability about shipping that in this case does not apply.

EDIT: did it! No hassles apparently... can't wait to check out spec ops!

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Darren716 said:
Why does this have to be PC exclusive? My craptop probably can't even handle the original Bioshock let alone Spec Ops.
Because selling physical copies of games for this cheap would just be ridiculous.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Steve the Pocket said:
Darren716 said:
Because selling physical copies of games for this cheap would just be ridiculous.
Yeah I understand, I think I was just bitter when I posted that because it seems that console gamers always get screwed over in terms of deals while PC gamers always get amazing deals.

bpm195

May 21, 2008
It's a damn shame that even though I'd pay this much for Spec Ops: The Line alone, I dread dealing with Securom and GFWL enough that this is actually a tough choice for me.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
This is kind of unrelated, but it made me realize the "Angel Beats!" blurays are on sale on the US Amazon for only $40! That's so cheap, on Amazon.ca they're on "sale" for $62, which is basically the US price when it's not on sale. Does anyone know if Amazon.com will ship to Canada?

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
I grabbed the bundle yesterday. As one who has wanted to play all three, it's a smashing collection for only $20.
I've tried Spec Ops on my Comp and it's rather slow, and that would probably take a bit out of the experience (low frame rate ruins immersiveness), though I've tested the settings of Bioshock and the game started really well. And, after a long day of work, I need to get some sleep right now.
Now, I still have 9+ hours of work tomorrow (possibly overextending), and then a two day trip without my laptop and then the renaissance fair... And then school starts back up again.

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
bpm195 said:
It's a damn shame that even though I'd pay this much for Spec Ops: The Line alone, I dread dealing with Securom and GFWL enough that this is actually a tough choice for me.
You can transfer them onto Steam. So far, I've received no GFWL spam--the menu popping up and the like--(though, I've only 14 minutes spent into it...) and it seems relatively clutter free.
(Activation onto steam is using the digital codes given after purchase and just copy pasta into game activation)