Spec Ops: The Line [HERE BE SPOILERS]

Jun 7, 2010
If you haven't played Spec Ops: The Line, get out. No really, GTFO, you can come back when you've finished Spec Ops, it's awesome.

There's not a whole lot of Spec Ops discussion going on here, this makes Secret World Leader sad, because it really deserves to be discussed :'(

So, what did you think of the game? I thought it was great, easily my game of the year so far (I have only bought this game and ME3 this year). You could say that the actual shooty-kill gameplay stuff is kind of boring, but I actually like it. The game lulls you into this unthinking, zen-like state of killing shit so that you only really think about / realize what you're doing after it's too late (for example, the white phosphorous scene).

For those interested, there's an audio interview with one of the developers here .

I would have more to say about the game, but i've still to properly figure the whole thing out, maybe it warrants a second playthrough.

Captcha: Cool heads prevail.
Oddly appropriate, but I guess that's Captcha's whole "thing".

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
It was average. I'd say better than what most shooters have become today. But that's it, although I did like some of the locations and scenery.

And the Willy Pete Scene was bullshit because I realized exactly what I was about to do, but had to do it anyway because the game wouldn't advance if I didn't.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
GenericAmerican said:
It was average. I'd say better than what most shooters have become today. But that's it, although I did like some of the locations and scenery.

And the Willy Pete Scene was bullshit because I realized exactly what I was about to do, but had to do it anyway because the game wouldn't advance if I didn't.
You were supposed to quit. The game even said so.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I don't think it's was good as people have been saying, but I definitely appreciate what it was trying to do.

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
Considering what it did to Yahtzee, it's in my "Get when it's cheap and I'm not gonna be breaking an age-rating law."