Specific summoning problem in Dark Souls 3

azukar

Sep 7, 2009
So, it looks like DS3 currently has some summoning problems (gliding white phantoms, anyone?), but I've run into one very specific problem I wonder if anyone else is having...

For the boss of the Boreal Valley (the one with the fire and purple swords), my summoned phantoms can't get through the fog gate. Seriously, I've tried at least ten now and none get through. I know summons *can* get through, because I managed to find the NPC summon and he gets through with no dramas.

Just me having this problem, or others as well?

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
azukar said:
So, it looks like DS3 currently has some summoning problems (gliding white phantoms, anyone?), but I've run into one very specific problem I wonder if anyone else is having...

For the boss of the Boreal Valley (the one with the fire and purple swords), my summoned phantoms can't get through the fog gate. Seriously, I've tried at least ten now and none get through. I know summons *can* get through, because I managed to find the NPC summon and he gets through with no dramas.

Just me having this problem, or others as well?
The gliding white phantoms seems like a server side problem, most likely too many people logged in and playing at once and From Software's servers not being able to handle the load. It was really bad yesterday, today I haven't had that issue.

As far as that boss is concerned though, no clue. There's a bunch of glitchy fog walls in this game though. The most annoying one for me is the fog wall that keeps appearing in firelink and blocking my way to the crows. Always takes longer to make trades because of that.