Spector: Epic Mickey Contains "Best Of Deus Ex"

Akalistos

Apr 23, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
I wish it was Steam punk though, or whatever it was suppose to be when they first announced it
Yeah. The first concept art were promising. It was dark and edgy enough without loosing the feel of the Disney's universe. I first thought that this game would have been a serious contender for game of the year. It's a shame, don't you think.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Well, I'm still interested in Epic Mickey. Won't say I'm hyped or excited, but I'm interested. It could be a fun title, and Kingdom Hearts has already shown us that Mickey can be pretty badass when he wants to.

Radioactive Bob

Jul 12, 2010
I really hope he's speaking the truth about blurring the line between good and evil. It never seems important, even in something like Mass Effect, when the choice is obviously good or evil (like how in dialogue Mass Effect, the top choices were usually good, and the bottom choices were usually bad).

Needless to say im excited to see something creative like this hit the market.

oktalist

Feb 16, 2009
Littlee300 said:
oktalist said:
Oh man, what a dilemma. I'd really like to play this; it sounds like Deus Ex crossed with Psychonauts. But I don't want Disney to get any of my money, evil corporation that they are.

Oh wait, it's a Wii exclusive? Well, that's made the decision for me. I won't be getting it, unfortunately. Which is not to say anything bad about the Wii, I like the Wii, I just don't own one is all.
Disney is evil? I always imagine there nice considering there channel is practically 3rd party ad-free except for the ads that go something like "Walmart encourages kids to spend more time with there family!" Which do not really compliment Walmart much. *turns to the disney channel* and they also have a special service announcement that teaches you how you should act online. (It is sad when Disney has to teach kids instead of parents.) and stupid behind scenes crap...
I don't have access to that channel. But since you ask, it has to do with Walt Disney having been a renouned racist and anti-Semite. And the questionable example they are setting with some of their current franchises.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Mickey and JC Denton...linked? ...I dont know how I could really comment to that...seriously

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
oktalist said:
Littlee300 said:
oktalist said:
Oh man, what a dilemma. I'd really like to play this; it sounds like Deus Ex crossed with Psychonauts. But I don't want Disney to get any of my money, evil corporation that they are.

Oh wait, it's a Wii exclusive? Well, that's made the decision for me. I won't be getting it, unfortunately. Which is not to say anything bad about the Wii, I like the Wii, I just don't own one is all.
Disney is evil? I always imagine there nice considering there channel is practically 3rd party ad-free except for the ads that go something like "Walmart encourages kids to spend more time with there family!" Which do not really compliment Walmart much. *turns to the disney channel* and they also have a special service announcement that teaches you how you should act online. (It is sad when Disney has to teach kids instead of parents.) and stupid behind scenes crap...
I don't have access to that channel. But since you ask, it has to do with Walt Disney having been a renouned racist and anti-Semite. And the questionable example they are setting with some of their current franchises.

Well the anti-semite thing was probably only from Walt Disney respecting a neo-Nazi group (thats what someone in his studio said at least) and when he met a German who wanted to sell Disney a documentary that glorified the Nazis. Disney said he admired the German's work but it would hurt Disney's reputation. So I guess Walt Disney was the only reason people say Disney is anti-semite and he is long dead (or a brain in a freezer) so it is pretty irrelevant judging Disney for it in present day for it because he didn't let his views get in the way of his studio. (There is also Donald Duck in a Nazi uniform in one of Disney's films but that is just a nightmare Donald had probably from a film where Donald joined the army)

The Jonas Brother thing... well that is debatable that Disney wanted them mostly because they're good eye candy for girls.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Am I the only one who wants to see Mickey shooting himself up full of nanobots and grabbing a sniper rifle?

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I'm not prejudiced against the game because it features Mickey and other Disney characters....actually, I'm not prejudiced against it at all.

It is however on the Wii, a console I don't and will never own, therefore the game is of no relevanc to me whatsoever.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Good point, though we're talking games here, not animation.

Besides, I'll see your Bill Tytla and raise you a Chuck Jones.

oranger

May 27, 2008
Bleh, I'm still seeing that article where he claims Deus Ex was "flawed"...it wasn't by any stretch, so either he had way less to do with its success than he (spector) is claiming, or right after this interview disney technicians unplugged their animatronic warren spector and put it back into storage.

(you know, he's being told what to say and when)
Because, like I said before, really? mickey mouse? wtf...

UnmotivatedSlacker

Mar 12, 2010
Squilookle said:
Great! Now just ditch the Disney elements and it might actually be worth getting.
That would defeat the purpose of making the game. It's a Disney game. I expect there to be some Disney elements in it. That would be like being annoyed at a COD game using guns.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
oktalist said:
Yeah, pretty much this. Although this is one of maybe three games that make me consider getting a Wii. Maybe if I win the lottery (without playing, naturally).

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Er, since when does disney always have its trademarks in its products? Did I miss the part where Mickey showed up in Pirates of the Caribbean?