Spend a Day in Inaba With New Persona 4 Golden Screens

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Spend a Day in Inaba With New Persona 4 Golden Screens

Atlus shows off the eateries and hangout spots of Persona 4 Golden.

Atlus has released nine new screenshots for upcoming Vita RPG Persona 4 Golden, in which we get a glimpse at a day in the life of the game's protagonist. From morning classes to Inaba after dark, there's no shortage of activities for these teenage characters--when they're not fighting monsters in the Midnight Channel, of course.

[gallery=893]

What makes the Persona games so interesting is that they require a balance between day and night, the real world and the demon world, socializing and dungeon crawling. These images show players that there's more to do than explore dungeons and fight monsters, and taking advantage of all the activities and friendships available only enhances the player's fighting ability.

Persona 4 Golden still doesn't have a hard release date, but we can expect it out for the PlayStation Vita later this year.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Wish I had a Vita now :(

Meh whatever, it doesn't sound like Golden isn't adding all that much anyway...

:(

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
this game is making me want to buy a vita. I don't have the money though. :(
I may just have to wait til they drop the price

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
TizzytheTormentor said:
Fappy said:
Wish I had a Vita now :(

Meh whatever, it doesn't sound like Golden isn't adding all that much anyway...

:(
Actually, it's adding TONS of features!
Two new social links! New difficulty settings!New animated cutscenes.
More Personas, including new Ultimate Personas for the Investigation Team.
New areas, such as a beach and a ski resort. Okina City, which was only seen during certain Social Link scenes, is now accessible.
New events, such as a Halloween event and a skiing trip.
Player can explore Inaba on evening time, with few limitation places (similar to Persona 3)
Yu and his friends now have motorbikes to get around various areas.
Tag team attacks.
A quiz show mini-game.
Certain equipment and accessories changes your party member's appearance, much like in Persona 3 FES and Persona 3 Portable. This equipment goes in a different slot and does not affect the party's stats.
New Garden and Bug Catching features.
Trophies
The ability to choose which skills can be inherited by the persona you are fusing.
The ability to call for help via Wi-Fi when your party reaches critical status.
Clips from the Persona Music Live of 2008 and 2009 can be watched.
An option to replay animated cutscenes.
The addition of an in-game music player.
New scene skipping function for those who played the PS2 version that just want to explore new features.
If player fulfills criteria for at least good ending, daily activities are expanded to January 2012, giving more time for events and social links.
New epilogue for the True Ending.
Some minor gameplay changes

Some shadows/enemies have changed their attribute (weakness/strength/null) or area spawn
New types of Shuffle Time!
Changes for NPC's or Fox's requests, etc.
Rebalanced characters

I can't freaking wait for this! Getting a Vita for this game! (better games will come along after I'm sure)
Jesus christ! WHY!? WHYYYYYYYY!??!?!

That does it.

I have to steal my girlfriend's Vita.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
TizzytheTormentor said:
She's getting Golden already so she'll be playing it all the time instead of me D:

I can probably borrow it when she is eventually done though...

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Hmmm, if I don't eat anything but instant noodles for the next few months I might be able to afford a Vita and the game when it comes out...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
TizzytheTormentor said:
Fappy said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
She's getting Golden already so she'll be playing it all the time instead of me D:

But...you can help each other via Wi-Fi if they are dying in battle...be the perfect fighting couple...

I'm not helping am I...
No you're not >.>

I may need to buy myself a Vita at some point. Maybe she can get me one for Christmas >:D

jehk

Mar 5, 2012
I'm pretty excited as well. I hope Chie's new voice actress does well. I liked her in P4A but the jury is still out if she'll live up to the original.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Great, now im seriously considering arranging for a PSV to roll into my possession for xmas.

...and better yet i could have Persona 3 Portable and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the same system.

So many bus journeys, gone in an instant.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Fappy said:
TizzytheTormentor said:

I'll probably get a Vita in the near future, when it's got more games out, the online store has resolved its issues, and the price has dropped.

I may well pick up Persona 4 when that day comes!

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
Just got my Vita today and it feels damn gooooooood. Never felt so much hype before! It's child-like wonderment right now!