BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Do the movies even do that though?
Logan only. He basically wants the Wolverine Uncaged game on 360 and PS3. I don't doubt the PS5 Wolverine will be gory, but it won't be taken to that over the top level. As much as I enjoyed the Wolverine Origins HD game, it had its own issues. It's a decent God of War clone (Greek era), but it suffered from some overly long levels, too many repetitive boss fights, and there was almost no context of what you were doing. It's like it tried to follow the movie, but then said screw it and did its own thing. It's somewhat for the best, but it's pretty clear there were some production troubles and the Wolverine game was originally not supposed to follow the movie, and you can tell by the cold open CGI that takes place in some bombed-out future. That beginning FMV cutscene has nothing to do with the rest of the game, nor the ending. At least this one will be more focused.

Last edited:
Reactions: hanselthecaretaker2

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Wasn’t Logan pretty violent? I can’t remember if other movies went that far, though
Yes. There was also The Wolverine (the one in Japan), but that was after the fact. It got an unrated edition on Blu-ray and dvd, but there's not that much blood or difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: FakeSympathy

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
So my brother got me this for Christmas and I beat it last weekend and got the plat for it. It has a really easy platinum trophy, though I did have to look up where the Science Award was because my aging brain forgot where Miles stashed it at the end of his game. That's a point, I need to go back and platinum that one at some point.

For the most part, I really enjoyed this game. The story zips by without feeling rushed, the story missions for the most part are exciting to play and the side missions are not just finding tonnes of collectibles. I mean, there are a few, but its not as obnoxious as in the first game, the finding all the Spider-bots being the worst of them. But stuff like following the bird drones and having to stay in their slipstream to download data were the most fun ones for me. And the mission where you help Howard put a lump in my throat despite him being a really minor character. I think they tried to make Kraven a somewhat sympathetic character too, but it didn't really work. The Venom sections were good fun. And at various points, both Miles and Peter feel incredibly over powered, Miles at the start and Peter towards the end.

Ok, to stuff I didn't really like. The game is full of bugs and this is something I noticed with the Miles Morales game too. Sound would drop out for no reason and often the subtitles would not sync up with what's being said. Some of the random crime missions would not complete and some would just straight up disappear when I got to them. Yeah, bugs are a thing that sometimes can't be helped, but I don't remember the first game being particularly buggy. I think someone somewhere wants to be a developer for the Life is Strange games, because the bits where Peter is doing stuff with his pals and the twee indie rock is playing reminded me of that. If it's to make me appreciate the Spider-Man bits of my Spider-Man game, then it definitely works. Oh and the MJ stuff can still go and die in a fire, I groaned every time they popped up. At least in the final one, she had a gun and it turned into the most generic third person shooter ever.

Oh and how no one ever figures out that Miles or Peter are the Spider-Men, I will never know. They are not exactly cautious about protecting their secret identities, constantly pulling off their masks and using each others real names, MJ does this a lot as well. It wouldn't take much for someone to over hear them or snap and pic of them in the modern day setting. Maybe I'm overthinking things.

And where the fuck are The Avengers? Are they all on holiday? Or looking out of the window of their massive tower going "nah, Spider-Man's got this"? You'd of thought they'd want to get involved at some point when an alien symbiote tries to take over the planet.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Just got this a few days ago and have been marathonning it. There's something so very satisfying and addictive about the gameplay loop. And I'm glad they've made it a little more difficult than #1 and Miles Morales, by only allowing heals if you've got a full bar. The first two were a bit too forgiving on normal difficulty.

Love it so far. Though I've also encountered more than a few bugs: subtitles syncing incorrectly (or being wrongly attributed); a section restarting itself; getting stuck behind a bin and then falling through the ground. Not enough to be a major downside but enough to be frustrating occasionally.

And where the fuck are The Avengers? Are they all on holiday? Or looking out of the window of their massive tower going "nah, Spider-Man's got this"? You'd of thought they'd want to get involved at some point when an alien symbiote tries to take over the planet.
I'm wondering more about the police/ law enforcement. In #1, you at least saw the police making an effort to combat the Demons and Maggia. In #2, this mercenary company invades the city with dozens of military aircraft, takes over entire buildings and streets, and there's zero attempt at law enforcement!?

Reactions: BrawlMan