Spider-Man fans, read this and uncomfortably cringe.

Lavi

Sep 20, 2008
B-Rye said:
tomtom94 said:
So yeah, they're making Spider-Man into a generic teenager romantic thing.
I predicted that when I heard about Robert Pattison being *reportedly* cast as main actor.
Robert Pattison as Peter Parker/Spider-man... Lets look at some of the prerequisites for that role:

1) Can he come off as a nerd even after getting his powers?
2) Can he be bouncing off the walls energetic when facing off against any of Spidey's baddies?
3) Can he naturally portray wit and be humorous as Spider-man?

If the answer is "no" to any of these questions then please choose a different actor. (List more prereqs if you'd like)
4) Can he act?

Lullabye said:
This is nowhere near as bad as the time Spider-Man kill Mj with his radioactive semen...in the actual comic....
Is it sad that this does not surprise me whether it is true or not. Seriously, Marvel is going to the dogs (ew ew ew recent X-men comics EW). My friend who reads DC basically says Marvel is becoming shit and DC is epic win. I'd agree since I can't find much Marvel to read anymore that doesn't make me wanna kill myself.

Canadaftw

Apr 24, 2009
Outright Villainy said:
Canadaftw said:
TheNamlessGuy said:
Canadaftw said:
I don't think you really understand what irony means.
How is it not irony that a guy named Webb is directing Spiderman, a superhero which power is shooting web?
That's not what irony is though, here's a link to the definition http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony In fact what you stated to be irony is in fact the opposite of irony. Let me give you some examples of irony, the fire fighter's building being burnt down, a predator chases down it's prey and once it finally catches and eats it the predator is then eaten, or a Pianist being crushed by a falling piano. Wow alot of my irony examples involve people dieing.
In fact, his definition of irony is ironic!

How meta...
Wait mine or his? Now I'm confused.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
I just read a very appealing theory (off the front cover of some trashy women's celebrity news rag, but still...) that suggests that if Robert Pattison is cast as Peter Parker then he might ditch the Twilight franchise and put the rest of the movies in jeopardy! Isn't that an awesome idea? Even if he completely fucks up Spider-Man, the possibility of ending the unmitigated evil that is Twilight would make it a worthwhile sacrifice!

Although if he ends up doing both that'd be terrible- he CAN'T play Peter Parker because a) he's already too old and b) he's a bloody awful actor. I don't hate the guy on a personal level (in fact, I think he's pretty cool because he admits that he HATES Edward Cullen and chose to portray him as a self-hating dork as a result) but he's a lousy actor.

Lullabye said:
This is nowhere near as bad as the time Spider-Man kill Mj with his radioactive semen...in the actual comic....
That wasn't in the "actual comic", that was in Spider-Man: Reign [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Reign], Spider-Man's (lousy) attempt to do The Dark Knight Returns. An alternate continuity story that everyone agrees to pretend was never written- pretty easy, since it's set 30 years in the future.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
The first was good, I just didn't like the Goblin armor. The second was great. The third was mediocre, not awful. I don't think a fourth is unjustified, especially considering how much many they make (I'm not down with the reboot though).

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
(500) Days Of Summer was an amazing movie.

Anything remotely influenced by it would make a great film. =]
But would it make a good SPIDERMAN film?

Space Spoons

Aug 21, 2008
I'm trying to be optimistic about this. I sort of liked the Ultimate Spider-Man comic book series, which was essentially the comic book version of this reboot (new/separate continuity, taking Peter back to high school, an increased focus on "teen drama", etc).

It might turn out okay, but even if it doesn't, someone will get Spider-Man right again, someday.