Spike Awards

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Kingme18 said:
CODE-D said:
w9496 said:
I heard that Gears of War 3 didn't win anything it was nominated for, so therefore I didn't like it.
Well there was no "More of The Same" award.
Funny, it would've lost that one too. MW3 would have taken home that award.

BA DUM TISH!

OT: I found them entertaining. God you guys are picky. The only complaint I have is giving the mic to that hater dude... I didn't see anything good coming out of that bit.
Yeah, I don't know why they felt it was necessary to waste time on some random Youtube troll. Zachary Levi handled it well though.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Beautiful End said:
So...are we meant to assume we'll have Batman: Arkham World sometime in the future? Did anyone get that besides me...? Because if so...I SAY NO! Arkham City was good but not as god as Arhkam Asylum. I can only imagine what yet ANOTHER sequel would look like, especially now that Mark Hamill said he wasn't going to voice The Joker anymore.

I'm not surprised about Skyrim getting GOTY award, though I still think Skyward Sword deserved it more. Sure, they're trying to be hipster by letting Portal take the Best Multiplayer award right over MW3 and BF3, but noooooooo!

Zachary Levi was actually a good host. But I'm not surprised; he IS alright. You know, as in not obnoxious or trying too hard to be funny by rambling random host banters. Thus, he's a gamer. And Flynn Rider/Eugene Fitzherbert.

It was funny to watch Hideo Kojima stutter as he tried to communicate with us silly Americans. It was awkward too...but he's Hideo Kojima! Who cares?!

Honestly, I only watched it because we don't have that many televised video game awards show. The only other one I can think of is GDC, and that's around July/August. And this one. *Sigh*

Someone needs to come up with really good, honest and fair video game awards show.
It was a joke, there will not be an "Arkham World", that would insinuate that the entire world would be under "Arkham's" rules.

Also, why are they "hipster" to allow a rather great game win a decent award? Portal 2's Co-Op is hilariously fun and quite better than your average "Go here, cap/kill, repeat" formula that most FPS use.

If you want a "fair" one, go to the Interactive Achievement Awards. It was on G4TV as an Hour Long special before. Hopefully it will be on again. They also have the entire thing broadcast online.

Now for my review:

It was a better event than last year. I do like the host, however a few people shouldn't have been on stage (Hulk Hogan and his "maniacs", That Jonas Brother, "WINNING" guy) who didn't seem to care at all. And the rewards are still stupid as all hell (Seriously, a "Most Anticipated Game" award? What the fuck is wrong with you people?).

Still, for a Spike show it was a pretty good event. Hopefully they will tone down the bullshit and make it like the IAA's.

P.S.: Was I the ONLY one who screamed like a giddy little school girl when I saw the Opening Cinematic for Diablo III?
Oh, I didn't know about those awards. I only knew about the VGAs and the GDC ones. I'll be sure to check that out.

For the multiplayer award, I do think it's weird for Portal to win that award. I'm not saying its multiplayer is not fun; quite the opposite. But if this was a gamer's choice, there's just NO WAY Portal would beat someone like CoD, simply because of the number of fans. Is Portal's multiplayer better than CoDs? Yeah. Does it offer more? Maybe. But just look at it this way: Most Gamestops didn't open at Midnight for Portal 2. My local Gamestop(s) opened at midnight for MW3. There were around 200 people per store. The next day, the store was packed with people eager to buy the game and, yes, play online. So because of all that, I don't think the votes mattered much here. I think it's more like a bunch of people sit in a room and make the decisions (Which is probably true). So then I wonder, why make us vote at all anyway?

But anyway, I don't mind that much because I don't take the VGAs that seriously. And no, I also squirmed around with the Diablo III intro cinematic.

Humza Ahmad

Sep 22, 2011
Well all award shows are bad to watch but, it was worth it to see the new trailers that were premiered.

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
OrokuSaki said:
I gave up on them quite a while ago. But whenever I get really bothered with their choices, I just tell myself "The decisions are made by people who voted on the website, and most gamers with dignity would rather spend their time playing games rather than voting for them." Coincidentally I think the same thing at the MTV movie/music awards. I mean really? There was a year that Twilight walked off with half the rewards, clearly the whole poll was done by teenage girls.
Actually, if you read the fine print on the website the "votes" you place are actually just who YOU want to win. The actual voting for who wins is done by a committee or something to the effect. That's why MW3 wasn't in the running for GOTY in the first place.