Splinter Cell Could Come to the PS3

octofox

Feb 2, 2010
Its not that surprising. All the other Splinter Cell games were on the PS2 so its easy to see that future ones would be on PS3. I guess Conviction will not be though.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I approve, as my 306 died and I was looking forward to this.

Plus it wasn't as if the other Splinter Cell's weren't on different consoles. I have the GameCube version of Chaos Theory sitting on my shelf here. I don't like it if Splinter Cell, or any game, would become an exclusive only for marketing reasons.
Brotherofwill said:
That's exactly why I prefer MGS: It isn't that serious about shit being realistic. SC just seems like the people behind it were too uptight about it, it seems like a cheap Jason Bourne clone. It doesn't really have an identity, everything could happen in your standard movie. MGS is ridiculous and embraces it, much more fun that way. Gta 4 had the same problem: Realism isn't very beneficial in most video games.

As for realism: I remember his wall jump being absolutely ridiculous. That was all the way back when the first came out, so maybe they changed it.
I wouldn't call SC being so much realistic, more a lot more stealth focussed than the MGS series. There is barely any fighting, if you're good. It's almost a puzzle game.

And most definitely not a Jason Bourne clone. Well, that is, the previous games. Conviction does remind me of Jason Bourne. However, would that be a bad thing?

kmcroc

Apr 10, 2010
yeah that nice an all but like the person ,who was interviewed said it not up to him. it's up to Yves [Guillemot, Ubisoft CEO] who will make the final call on where Sam fisher goes,that if he goes anywhere for that matter.what it comes down to is who has the biggest check book.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
I approve, as my 306 died and I was looking forward to this.

Plus it wasn't as if the other Splinter Cell's weren't on different consoles. I have the GameCube version of Chaos Theory sitting on my shelf here. I don't like it if Splinter Cell, or any game, would become an exclusive only for marketing reasons.

I wouldn't call SC being so much realistic, more a lot more stealth focussed than the MGS series. There is barely any fighting, if you're good. It's almost a puzzle game.

And most definitely not a Jason Bourne clone. Well, that is, the previous games. Conviction does remind me of Jason Bourne. However, would that be a bad thing?
I'd say that SC relies too much on technology and isn't as stealth based as MGS. You can totallly go through any MGS game without interacting with any enemy besides bosses. SC you have to use technology to basically survive. And I also have to agree on the SC Being a Bourne clone at least story wise. Both guys are high level spies that get fucked over by their agencies and go after revenge. Except that the Bourne series started in 1980 with the first novel's release.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Donnyp said:
soapyshooter said:
Donnyp said:
Don't worry Darksiders Dantes Inferno and Beyonetta are 100% unique.
At least those arent made by douche bags who sign exclusivity deals and then realize they could've made more money by releasing it on the PS3.
Or their CEO or Co CEO could be a complete fanboy and deserves a punch in the mouth....not meaning valve or anything.
Or Bethesda's Todd Howard...

rated pg

Aug 21, 2008
soapyshooter said:
Donnyp said:
Don't worry Darksiders Dantes Inferno and Beyonetta are 100% unique.
At least those arent made by douche bags who sign exclusivity deals and then realize they could've made more money by releasing it on the PS3.
Not necessarily 'more money'. It costs money to port it and maintain the extra servers, don't forget. And since the PS3 has that fee for hosting data (so, DLC, whatever) on the network. Furthermore, a lot of titles receive boosts in sales for being exclusive.