Split up with girlfriend - looking for holiday advice

s_h_a_d_o

Mr Propellerhead
Jun 15, 2010
San Martin said:
I would recommend Cheltenham...

[snip]

God, I sound like a spam-bot. But who would make a spam-bot for Cheltenham?
The Cheltenham Tourism Board?

OT: Shouldn't you be at Glastonbury right about now?

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
CAPTCHA said:
So me and my girl have parted ways. Hurts like hell, but I'm trying my best not to let it get me down. We'd been together for 6 years. I'm 32 now, and it feels like a hell of a long time since I was 26. You spend so much time with someone and your life starts to revolve around them. It becomes a part of who you are, where your going, what you need. When it ends, I think that's what hurts the most. You lose your identity and your left feeling stranded and lost. Well I've got to find a fucking map and remember who I was before all this started. That ain't easy, but the only other option is to mope around.

So holiday time. Just pack a bag and hit the road. Get away from everything that's familer and just. be. ME! She can come pick up her things then I'm out 'o here. I haven't got much cash though, so I'm going to be stuck heading somewhere in England. By not much cash, I mean I'm hard pushed to come up with 300 quid.

So my fellow escapists, where should I go?
I feel ya about a month ago I broke up with my girlfriend of 7 years after I caught her cheating on me. While I am younger than you I haven't ever really been single before since I have been with her since I was 16. So I hear ya it sucks man being alone after being with someone for so long is really hard you sorta assume you would be with that person forever after a certain point and when you break up it changes your entire future and you have to re-plan everything it is really scary. I am worried about dating again I don't know if I will be able to find another girl and if I do I am worried I will mess up.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
WaitWHAT said:
CAPTCHA said:
AAAAAALLL BAAAAAAHH MYYYYYYYSEEEEEELLFF
Come to my house, CAPTCHA. I'll make it up to you.

[sub]Slurp, slurp[/sub]
Think I could join you two and we could make it a party? Same thing just happened to me.

OT: I know nothing about locations in England, but it seems some European Escapambilidandoes already have that covered anyway. But if you want to see someplace with (moderately) better weather, you could always skip the pond and come to New England! We promise there's no snow this time of year.

CAPTCHA

Mushroom Camper
Sep 30, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
WaitWHAT said:
CAPTCHA said:
AAAAAALLL BAAAAAAHH MYYYYYYYSEEEEEELLFF
Come to my house, CAPTCHA. I'll make it up to you.

[sub]Slurp, slurp[/sub]
Think I could join you two and we could make it a party? Same thing just happened to me.
Damn... The Dragonborn, a pony and what's that... the population of Rapture? This is gonna be one depraved night.

Super Kami Guru

Aug 10, 2011
Newquay, Cornwall is immense, surfing all day, drinking all night.

If abroad was an option it has to be Amsterdam, nothing helps sort your head out after a break up better than weed and hookers! :p

Rancid0ffspring

Aug 23, 2009
Buy a cheap 2 man tent from Argos. The go anywhere with a beach.

Personally I'd recommend Bournemouth. But for you, where ever is far enough away from your place that is close enough you can afford to get there and get blind drunk.

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
I went to Bridlington on Tuesday, and it was really nice. It is quite "holidayish" which is what you're looking for; there's the beach, plus arcades, bowling alleys and bars, but I'd advice going soon because in the next week or so school kids will have taken over the place for Summer.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
The Lake District is an amazing place to visit during the summer, I went two years ago myself. Lovely, beautiful area with a lot of history too.