Splitscreen Multiplayer games?

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
So, me and my Escapist chums like to have a bit of a get-together. However, we always end up playing COD Zombies or Minecraft in the absence of anything else to play. We're getting slightly bored. Anybody have any recommendations? Xbox 360 games, preferably co-op.

Able Seacat

Jun 18, 2012
Halo reach has a horde type mode, campaign co-op and competitive multiplayer. You can also use split-screen online.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Any of the Halo games (except Halo Wars) will do nicely. Get a couple of fighting games like Marvel vs Capcom 3 or something

AndrewF022

Jan 23, 2010
Yea I agree with Halo... I have a lot of fun playing split-screen with my mates in Halo Reach.

If it is just one friend, Borderlands is good, as is Gears of War or Left 4 Dead.

Derek_the_Dodo

Sep 28, 2010
portal 2 has very fun, if a little shortlived multiplayer.

Also yeah halo.

007 Nightfire is a good mulitplayer xbox original with backwards compatability.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
If these gatherings are a regular enough occurrence, you should consider clubbing together and buying a cheap original X-Box (or PS2) and get games like Timesplitters 2, Timesplitters Future Perfect, Def Jam: Fight For New York, Mashed, Urban Reign... all of which are excellent split-screen games.

Split-screen gaming was much better last generation when there wasn't so much disparity between the capability of the consoles and how demanding the games were. Nowadays most games are too demanding to be rendered more than once on a single console, so split-screen is, in most cases, a technical impossibility.

King of Wei

Jan 13, 2011
Splinter Cell Conviction, Magic 2012, Dynasty Warriors/Empires/Warriors Orochi, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead, Gears of War. All the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
My friend and I have sunk hours into Resident Evil 5 on co-op. It's surprisingly fun on splitscreen

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
GeneralTwinkle said:
Borderlands? I've had a ton of fun splitscreen on that with my friends.
Derek_the_Dodo said:
portal 2 has very fun, if a little shortlived multiplayer.
Josdeb said:
My friend and I have sunk hours into Resident Evil 5 on co-op. It's surprisingly fun on splitscreen
These make a lot of sense.
My brother and I had a whale of a time co-op-ing these three.
Heartily recommended.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
360 only no PC to plug into your TV?

If you can I recommend playing Jamestown (steam) It a bullet hell but very noob friendly an it get even better with 4 player local co-op as you don't need to be skilled because players who run out of lives can be revived by ppl who are still in the game.

I can imagine it would make a batshit fun party game thats still is a good twitch skill based game at its core

EDIT the 360 has something similar called Score Rush 80MSP indie section

Can't go wrong with oldschool brawlers too, lots of them on XBLA like Guardian Heroes and The Simpsons Arcade (i'm not 100% sure these versions have local co-op however, they should do since thats how the originals are)

Infact anything from the arcade back in the day thats co-op is bags of fun like run & gunners like metal slug, contra uprising, Bubble Bobble all on XBLA.

esperandote

Feb 25, 2009
Fighting games are good getogheter games, Super Street fighter IV and The King of fighters XIII are my suggestions, ir the King of fighters 2002 Ultimate match wich is an xbox arcade game thus a cheaper one. Speaking of arcade games there are other good xbox arcade games like the xmen or tmnt arcade games.

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
I often have friends over for multiplayer gaming. On 360, I recommend Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars, and I Made A Game With Zombies In It. They're all cheap and all offer four-player local co-op. My friends and I have had less success with Fancy Pants Adventures and Worms 2, but they're both decent. Any sports game that supports four players would also work.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Zetona said:
I often have friends over for multiplayer gaming. On 360, I recommend Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars, and I Made A Game With Zombies In It. They're all cheap and all offer four-player local co-op. My friends and I have had less success with Fancy Pants Adventures and Worms 2, but they're both decent. Any sports game that supports four players would also work.
If you like Geometry Wars, check out Score Rush (indie section)

and Jamestown 4 up local co-op (Steam)

Roroshi14

Dec 3, 2009
I say get down on some Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. Borderlands is ok, fyi the split screen is formatted prperly, but its still fun. =/ And I personally think Halo is lame and boring (as is every fps).

ThePenguinKnight

Mar 30, 2012
Well what are the details? Are you just playing on one 360 or is this a LAN party? How many people are we accounting for?

Without knowing the details, I can only suggest Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 since it's four player co-op via one screen.

Edit: Mortal Kombat 9, which has tag matches allowing up to 4 players.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
I too can vouch for Borderlands, and Dungeon Defenders might also be worth a try as well (pretty sure it has a free demo.)