Spoiled Kids Sue Mother

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
And they actually lose! There is hope, however minute, for the US civil court system!

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110828/news/708289848/

Basic story is that two kids sued their mother when she didn't do such things as buy a homecoming dress for her daughter, send her son care packages while he was in college, and changed her last name after divorcing the children's father. The court, and now the appeals court, tossed it out.

Side note: There are reports that the father of the children was their lawyer. Not positive though.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Jodah said:
And they actually lose! There is hope, however minute, for the US civil court system!
Hope, yes. Extremely minute, as in if it were a tangible object you'd need 100,000X electron microscope to see it, but yes there is hope.

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
When it says 'sending her son care packages', all i can think of is her throwing a flare into his room and him receiving a killstreak. What have i become...

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Whoa..... almost smelled burnt toast there. She never would of won though. Stupid princess girls.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Let's judge people without knowing the full story! I mean, the media always has accurate reports and never distorts the truth in order to create controversy, right?

Apr 28, 2008
jakko12345 said:
When it says 'sending her son care packages', all i can think of is her throwing a flare into his room and him receiving a killstreak. What have i become...
...me too.

Though some attack dogs sound like they'd be fun to have in collage.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Lord Beautiful said:
You know what'd be great?

If they intended to pay their lawyers with their allowances.
Unfortunately the lawyer was their father and ex-husband of the woman being sued. He likely just did it for spite. At least reportedly.

thecoreyhlltt

Jul 12, 2010
Lord Beautiful said:
You know what'd be great?

If they intended to pay their lawyers with their allowances.
no, even better would be if when the lawyers asked for payment they said, "MMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMM, can i have $800 for my lawyer fees?

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
trollpwner said:
*manic laughter*

So....she gave him too much stuff, damaging him mentally. And he's fixing this by demanding she give him more stuff?

Let me know how that works out for him!

EDIT: well guess who didn't read the OP! Hum-de-dum, herp derp.
I intentionally cut the topic name short to see who would read it. :p

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
AndyFromMonday said:
Let's judge people without knowing the full story! I mean, the media always has accurate reports and never distorts the truth in order to create controversy, right?
Oh please, like you've never judged someone without knowing all the facts before (don't even try to argue this, everyone has done this at some point in some form).

Back to the point though, seeing as this has come from the United States of 'sue the bastards' America I'm not really suprised that this happened as much as I'm finding it hilarious to read about.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008

I'd have loved to hear the kids logic behind the suit. "My single mother who works to support two kids didn't spend several hundred dollars on a new dress that I'll only wear once, then demanded that I bring her car back at midnight instead of letting me, her underage daughter, stay out partying until the sun came up. SHE'S AN UNFIT MOTHER I TELLS YA!!!"

I sincerely hope the judges laughed haughtily in their presence.