SPOILERS

cheesemanxl

May 31, 2008
So I was talking with some friends about movies and I asked if any of them had seen The Book of Eli. I paused in my sentence long enough for one of my friends to shout
<spoiler=DO NOT OPEN THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE BOOK OF ELI> SPOILER: THE BOOKS IN BRAILLE

That pretty much ruins the entire movie.

Anyway, my question is what is the most extreme spoiler you have ever experienced?

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Goddamn curiosity! I haven't seen it and still clicked.

Ermm someone told me who dies at the end of the 5th Harry Potter book, granted that's not very major.

I'll have a think.

EDIT: It didn't bother me but when 4chan organised a few raids on the internet and IRL to spoil the 7th Harry Potter by spreading who dies and when everywhere.

Why can I only think of J.K.Rowling's books today??

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
"it was the butler who did it!" it may a seem a common line, but once it happened that my father 4 fun said that to me in a detective movie...

and he nailed it. XD

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
What happens in the end of ACII.

It was a big deal for me.
haha in the end i felt disappointed because it seemed too much like da vinci code (which is a really terrible movie) only worse, although i did like the effects of the stuff inside...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Fucking friends...

They ruined Sixth Sense, Usual Suspects, Paranormal Activity, Fight Club...

...and the fucking cameo in Zombieland. That was the worst.

jim_doki

Mar 29, 2008
It was His Sled
Vader is his father
Shes a dude
He's his own mother
he's dead
Verbal is Sose

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Heavy rain. Everyone kept saying who the origami killer was before its release. It didnt spoil it for me though cause I still was suprised when i found out who it was. Yeah it was that unexpected

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
SnipErlite said:

Ermm someone told me who dies at the end of the 5th Harry Potter book, granted that's not very major.
Same, although I wasn't actually planning to go see it.

And same again, although I've never really liked Harry Potter, so it didn't really matter.

Also, I don't mind about spoilers that much to be honest, and here's why:

He knows not where he's going
For the ocean will decide
It's not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
Furburt said:
The most extreme?

Fight Club. Most of you know it already, so I won't ruin it.

Suffice to say, the film was still one of the best I'd ever seen. I doubt knowing the spoiler made it any less amazing.
I get the feeling that spoiler would ruin that movie.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Damn, I clicked the box. I should have seen the film!

All well.

I almost, almost, came very, very, very close to clicking a spoilerbox on the ending of Heavy Rain.

I just turned off my monitor and went to finish it.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Soylent Green is People!
It was Earth all along!
It was his Sled!
Snape is the Half Blood Prince!
They destroy the Ring!
Farnkly My Dear, I Don't Give A Damn!

Yeah, those are all pretty well-known anyway. Even the last one, not even a spoiler... As for actual spoilers, I tend to bring them on myself by accident when I go on the internet. To the point where I had to literally force myself to stay away from places like Wikipedia a few days ago for some show or another, I forget which one. Last month some retards decided to spoil (by accident) on Facebook the extreme spoiler in Skins (UK teen drama) at the end of the penultimate episode, where

Freddie gets beaten to death by Effy's psycho psychiatrist.

That ruined it for me. I had to force myself to stay off the internet between the airing of the series 4 finale and my own viewing of it on 4OD...

Urgh76

May 27, 2009
AW GOD DAMMIT! thanks alot..........

OT: Darth Vader

is Anakin Skywalker (and this was news to me, cuz before that he was AWESOME, but then he just turned into a major dick)

a stranger

Mar 4, 2009
jim_doki said:
It was His Sled
Vader is his father
Shes a dude
He's his own mother
he's dead
Verbal is Sose
NOOOOO!! curse you.
on topic:
when my friend told me the ending to Mass Effect 1.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Furburt said:
The most extreme?

Suffice to say, the film was still one of the best I'd ever seen. I doubt knowing the spoiler made it any less amazing.
Happened to a girl ... friend of mine, I bought it for her ('cos I love the film) and I told her not to tell anybody she had it, so they couldn't ruin it, she told her friend who spoiled it for her.

No body ruins things for me, or atleast it hasn't happened yet. Accidentally been the spoilerer though.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Enigmers said:
Furburt said:
The most extreme?

I get the feeling that spoiler would ruin that movie.
Not really. I just eliminates the need to watch the movie again. I had to watch the movie twice to go back and see all the subtle things I missed the first time, but if you know the spoiler, then you just save yourself the time.

zombflux

Oct 7, 2009
Never happened to me ;o

but there are very few things I've cared about enough to not want spoiled.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
FactualSquirrel said:
SnipErlite said:

Same, although I wasn't actually planning to go see it.

And same again, although I've never really liked Harry Potter, so it didn't really matter.

Also, I don't mind about spoilers that much to be honest, and here's why:

He knows not where he's going
For the ocean will decide
It's not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride.
Indeed, but you know half the ride if you know its destination, well sometimes at least.

But that is true, the ride is the most important part.

[sub]What's goin on squirrel, it's been a while[/sub] [sub][sub]I WONDER WHY ;P[/sub][/sub]