Sponsored: Paul Blart Returns in New Fast and Furious Spoof Trailer

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Sponsored: Paul Blart Returns in New Fast and Furious Spoof Trailer

It has been over half a decade [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Blart:_Mall_Cop] since we last saw Paul Blart, a mall cop played by Kevin James. Now he's back (and faster than ever) in his own take on the Fast and Furious franchise, the latest of which, Furious 7, opens just a couple of weeks before his new movie. In the trailer, Blart attempts to stop a street race, only to be brushed off for not being a real cop. To prove how cool he is - or perhaps to show how un-cool the street racers are, since the trailer does feel strangely self-aware - he starts performing dance moves on his Segway. In typical Blart fashion, things don't go entirely smoothly, but he emerges from the wreckage he causes unscathed and to a parade of cheers.

Paul Blart: Mall Cop saw the eponymous, Segway-riding hero fight against a group of robbers who were trying to steal millions of dollars from inside the mall he swore to protect. In the six years since that incident, he's earned himself a vacation in Las Vegas. Unfortunately, his vacation gets cut short when he's forced to go on duty and save the day once again.

Directed by Andy Fickman (Parental Guidance, The Game Plan, and She's the Man) and written by Nick Bakay and starring Kevin James - both of whom penned the first film's screenplay - Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 opens in theaters everywhere on April 17, 2015.

Disclaimer: This article is written on behalf of our Sponsor and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Escapist's editorial staff.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Oh dear.
Escapist featuring sponsored news?
I do hope that that is the actual April Fools joke.

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
Sponsored articles in the news feed?

Really?

Jesus Christ, this place is going down the crapper.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Sponsored news? April Fools?

I'm glad you all pay attention to your user base.
At least it's not in Off-Topic this time.

ArcaneGamer

Dec 21, 2014
An Ceannaire said:
Sponsored articles in the news feed?

Really?

Jesus Christ, this place is going down the crapper.
Well, that was fun. WHere'sthe avatar from? Stein's Gate or Fairy Tail?

drkchmst

Mar 28, 2010
No need to repeat what has been said before. Seconded to everyone above. If you're going to feature sponsored news be sponsored by spacex or some other awesome company. Not Paul Blart.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
C'mon, guys, this isn't the first time there has been sponsored news.

What I'm surprised by is that the first two movies were enough of a success to warrant a third...

Ftaghn To You Too

Nov 25, 2009
Aerosteam said:
C'mon, guys, this isn't the first time there has been sponsored news.

What I'm surprised by is that the first two movies were enough of a success to warrant a third...
It isn't the first time and it isn't even the shittiest, since they aren't trying to disguise it. It's still pretty goddamn terrible though, especially since it's in the actual news feed.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom

No one will get this reference.
Probably.

Also, I'd be more surprised by a sponsored post if they hadn't made a few before this one.
I'd also be more surprised if I cared someone paid them to write this.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
At least they have the decency to put "sponsored" in bold.

Native advertising will be the death of journalism.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
#selloutboys

Although, to be honest, so long as it's clearly labelled as sponsored, I don't have any problem with this. At least until we can pay bills with our hopes and dreams anyway.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Sassafrass said:

No one will get this reference.
Probably.

Also, I'd be more surprised by a sponsored post if they hadn't made a few before this one.
I'd also be more surprised if I cared someone paid them to write this.
The Escapist didn't sell out, they bought in to the future of Kevin James comedies.

Jaro Black

Jun 26, 2013
i don't mind (marked) sponsored content. But i do feel that The Escapist is a bit in financial trouble. Also the going away of Moviebob and Jim hurt the content to a non minor degree.

Let's see where this goes. 8 Bit Philosophy is great though!

NiPah

May 8, 2009
I don't mind this type of thing at all, honestly it just seems like a less intrusive ad.
As long as sponsored content is labeled as such I feel more secure that the other content is free from certain bias (I also like how it's disclosed that Strauss is connected to Take-Two in pertinent stories).

Honestly it's touches like these that make me feel safer in reading the actual news stories.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
Spot1990 said:
Native advertising? Christ, I wish there was somebody fighting for ethics in journalism.

Captcha: anti-dentite. I am not an anti-dentite, I just think they should have to go to their own schools is all.
I don't think there's anything unethical about this since it's CLEARLY disclosed in the title itself. If you don't want to support it then don't give it the clicks.