Spore, most innovative game ever ?

FreelancerADP

Dec 21, 2007
When the idea was introduced into the game making community like 2 years ago or something, it was the most innovative idea on the market. Procedurally created worlds based on player driven content! Whee!

No one knows for sure when the fuck it's going to come out. It's 2008. By the time it does finally come out, the idea could have been floating around the market long enough that some other people decided to get in on the action.

Jack Sheehan

Oct 16, 2007
wilsonscrazybed said:
PurpleRain said:
The first thing I'm going to (as I've stated previously) is creat a race of giant penis's. Why? Because it's immature, playing with a mature game engine. A race of penis's first battle the elements, creat a tribe, a ciclizations... penis's with guns and tanks! Nah, my penis's will ride in EVA's!! Then they will go on and conqure distant planets in order of there giant penis overlord! BWAHAHAHA!!

Wow, I used the word penis alot just then.
Freud might have something to say about this post...

Yes but he was far too busy snorting cocaine.

RabbitDynamite

Dec 31, 2007
Gigantor said:
For 'player created humour' read 'races of giant, walking phalluses, armed with willy guns and living in penis houses.' Call me a cynic but I've been around just long enough to know that when you give a gamer the tools, most of us will produce filth.

Including me! Yay!

First person to mention Freud gets a slap...
Y'know, I'm sure Jung would say you're getting those ideas from the collective unconsciousness.... which is obsessed with Mr. John Thomas and Ms. Lady-garden. *puerile cackling*

Seyon

Jan 7, 2008
Spore is a great game, creative to the max.

Populus the Beginning, also a great game.

Supreme Commander, innovative until 20 little guys take down your goliath.

TSED

Dec 16, 2007
No, definately not the most innovative game ever. Far from it.

It's mashing tried and true things together in the hopes of making a super-game that every one must play to experience life properly. I hope they succeed. But I'm not going to call 90% of the aforementioned features innovative. The procedural animation and giant multi-user sandboxing; that's creative. So far, however, that's the only thing I've seen that's creative.

Seyon

Jan 7, 2008
TSED said:
No, definately not the most innovative game ever. Far from it.

It's mashing tried and true things together in the hopes of making a super-game that every one must play to experience life properly. I hope they succeed. But I'm not going to call 90% of the aforementioned features innovative. The procedural animation and giant multi-user sandboxing; that's creative. So far, however, that's the only thing I've seen that's creative.
One piece of evidence proving him right... http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=199