Spore without DRM?

AtheistGuy

Oct 10, 2011
So I got this game ages ago and I loved it to death- but, as with all games, my interest faded. Now, years later, I try installing it again only to realize I don't have that long password thing it came with. Does anyone know where I can find it without any of this annoying DRM?

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
EA released a DRM deactivation tool.

http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/

So, I guess their Evil rating gets a -1.

[edit]
Seems that's only for removing DRM after a game's uninstalled. As for playing the game itself, you're going to have to endure the DRM. The only other option is against the forum's Code of Conduct.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
OP, there's bound to be a way to get it working (at least in offline mode -- the internet based stuff is less guaranteed), but if anyone in this thread were to tell you how to do it, we'd run afoul of the piracy rule, because that's what the DRM cracks are really for -- letting pirates get around the DRM so they can play their pirated games. But yeah, considering Spore was so heavily pirated, I'm sure the pirates have it working.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
You could try asking EA tech support, they were able to help me set up a new Spore account a few days ago when it turned out either my Spore DVD or my DVD Drive (haven't worked out which) wasn't working any more, though admittedly I still had my CD key.

I'm also pretty sure the Steam & Origin versions have no DRM beyond requiring their respective programs to be active (and for the latter, possibly not even that) if that counts.