Sports and you.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I love watching and playing sports maybe even more so than gaming :gasp:.

My prefered sport is Football (the proper one) and support Liverpool with a passion, though watching them in cup finals isn't good for my stress levels :p

SadakoMoose

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2009
Pro Wrestling
It's the only sport I watch on a regular basis, and the only sport that I can DOMINATE in trivia contests. I don't care for team sports, namely because I've never lived long enough in one state or another to develop any real connection to any given team or player. Currently, I'm going to IU, and yet the only reason I care that Indiana wins this next March Madness game is that my mom really cares apparently. She's not even FROM Indiana, so I think she's trying to have school spirit.
Yes, I call it a sport. No, I'm not going to argue semantics over this with the dictionary.
I'm just stating what I view to be an accurate statement.
So here's a video of what I mean:

bananazx03

Feb 28, 2010
I wrestled in high school and always wish I had gotten more into it, maybe won a state championship or something... But that's the past now.Favorite wrestler now would probably be Jordan Burroughs, but the best will always be Cael Sandersdon

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Put a game of Cricket in front of me and I'll be entertained for days.

arnoldthebird said:
Go Swans!
They made GWS look like they were playing Leauge last night.
[small][sub]Carn the pies![/sub][/small]

Feb 9, 2011
Watching - baseball! Particularly the S.F. Giants. My family have been fans since forever so we try to go to a handful of home games every year and we watch just about every game we can on TV. In fact, baseball season is finally upon us! :D

As far as playing goes, I play basketball with friends, but nothing competitively. I use to play golf for several years, but without the ability to play consistently, I just sold my clubs off. Golf is one of those sports that you really need to keep on top of to keep your game consistent.

WhyBotherToTry

Jun 22, 2011
I'm not a huge fan of team sports, especially not football (soccer). When I was a kid I was always picked last and there were always 2 or 3 people on either team who never passed the ball to anyone except each other so I just never saw the point. In secondary school I played rugby because it felt more like other people were actually necessary in order to win, but again I was never picked for the good team so I stopped after a while. Then when I started college I got into fencing and I absolutely love it. I think there's a better attitude in it than other sports because when I was in rugby matches against other schools fights weren't uncommon and people said really bad things about the other teams. In fencing though I feel more at ease because if I mess up I'm not letting anyone else on and there are no old grudges between schools or anything like that going into it.