Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It begins...some more!

Time for the real fun to begin
And it continues to begin some more! Cam Newton has COVID-19. Anyway...

As I watched the Cowboys losing to the Browns yesterday, something told me that my 49ers were going to find a way to choke against the Eagles. There's no way the gods would allow me that much unbridled joy in one day, and of course, they certainly did not. I can say unequivocally that we beat ourselves. More specifically, Nick Mullens beat us; that last interception he tossed was so bone-headed, I almost got sick. They pulled him (obviously,) and Beathard came in and actually put us back in contention for the last few minutes, but it was too little too late. What's worse is my cousin is a die-hard Eagles fan, so of course I had to deal with his bullshit, boasting about leading the NFC East with a 1-2-1 record. Jesus Christ, dude, you're the least bad team in the worst division in the league; congratu-fucking-lations and shut your mouth...

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States

A complete sweep they said, not going to make anything happen they said. Now the series is not over and the Lakers are just too stacked with to many weapons but if Jimmy Buckets is not an inspiration to work hard and improve even against all forms of adversity I don't know what can convice you.

Could Miami in 7 be possible........

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
What a gut wrenching weekend of sports...

In Formula 1, practice got rained out in Nurburgring, Germany on Friday, but despite that, my guy, Valtteri Bottas, took POLE in Saturday's qualifying. As expected, he and teammate Lewis Hamilton (who got P2) battled out front for a bit, but Bottas finally took a substantial lead... only to suffer a power unit failure about 10 laps in which ended his race.

And sweet Jesus, 49ers, what in every fuck? The Dolphins??? Watching that game was excruciating; it was like watching a toddler trying to choke out a great white shark. Our offensive line looked like wet rice paper. No offensive play went as designed; everything was a scramble or a mitigation of damage. Jimmy G was throwing picks everywhere, hell, I almost caught one my goddamn self. Longest 3 hours of my life.

The Cowboys won; that saddened me greatly, but they lost Dak Prescott to a gruesome ankle injury; probably out for the season. I may hate the team, but I don't want to see ANY player hurt like that.

@tippy2k2, I was your Vikings' biggest fan yesterday, and they let me down. They had ONE job to do: beat the Seahawks; was that so hard??? I thought you guys had it, but then the 3rd quarter happened, and I knew what was coming...

EDIT: One good thing did happen in the NFL yesterday, seeing Alex Smith take the field after 2 years away from the game was pretty heartwarming. I feel bad for the guy: he lost his staring job with the Niners to Colin Kaepernick the year we went to and lost the Super Bowl. Traded to the Chiefs, and lost his job to Patrick Mahomes who went to and WON a Super Bowl. Landed in Washington where he suffered probably the most horrific leg injury the league has ever seen, went through 17 surgeries, fought off a deadly infection and rehabilitation all just to finally step on the field again yesterday. Sucks that he has a history of leaving success in his wake; I don't see the Football Team remedying that any time soon, but it's good to see him out there again.

Last edited:

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
@tippy2k2, I was your Vikings' biggest fan yesterday, and they let me down. They had ONE job to do: beat the Seahawks; was that so hard??? I thought you guys had it, but then the 3rd quarter happened, and I knew what was coming...
*Sadly SKOLS*

EDIT: One good thing did happen in the NFL yesterday, seeing Alex Smith take the field after 2 years away from the game was pretty heartwarming. I feel bad for the guy: he lost his staring job with the Niners to Colin Kaepernick the year we went to and lost the Super Bowl. Traded to the Chiefs, and lost his job to Patrick Mahomes who went to and WON a Super Bowl. Landed in Washington where he suffered probably the most horrific leg injury the league has ever seen, went through 17 surgeries, fought off a deadly infection and rehabilitation all just to finally step on the field again yesterday. Sucks that he has a history of leaving success in his wake; I don't see the Football Team remedying that any time soon, but it's good to see him out there again.
I really need to check out that Alex Smith Documentary they released (I think ESPN did it if I'm not mistaken?). I know the broad strokes of Smith's story with his leg and whatnot from articles but the documentary is supposed to go really in detail with just how close Smith came to losing his leg (and maybe even dying).

Although it does kind of get me wondering why Teddy Bridgewater didn't get this same kind of treatment considering his circumstances with his injury (came close to losing his leg and his life as well and spent over a year rehabbing in order to get back into the NFL). I suppose with Teddy though, we don't have the all important dramatic money shot of him actually getting injured (since his happened at Vikings practice rather than on the football field in front of a couple million eyeballs).

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I really need to check out that Alex Smith Documentary they released (I think ESPN did it if I'm not mistaken?). I know the broad strokes of Smith's story with his leg and whatnot from articles but the documentary is supposed to go really in detail with just how close Smith came to losing his leg (and maybe even dying).

Although it does kind of get me wondering why Teddy Bridgewater didn't get this same kind of treatment considering his circumstances with his injury (came close to losing his leg and his life as well and spent over a year rehabbing in order to get back into the NFL). I suppose with Teddy though, we don't have the all important dramatic money shot of him actually getting injured (since his happened at Vikings practice rather than on the football field in front of a couple million eyeballs).
I think the reason Alex Smith's story is so high profile is because of the path his career has taken. He was the veteran dethroned by sudden superstar Kaepernick In San Francisco, then he was the veteran dethroned by "Second Coming of Christ" Mahomes in Kansas City, then we watched in disgust as his leg was bent in 356 places on national TV with Washington. Kinda like an "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" deal; the poor guy couldn't catch a break... well, he caught wrong kind of break. At this point, if anyone is rooting against him, they're a monster.

I think the league's and fans' collective assholes all puckered when Smith got sacked for the first time by Aaron Donald, of ALL people, Aaron fucking Donald...

Reactions: tippy2k2

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008

RIP Tippy's Fantasy Team

Oh and this is probably bad for The NFL too. The Dam is getting more and more cracks...

Edit: Maybe not :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States

RIP Tippy's Fantasy Team

Oh and this is probably bad for The NFL too. The Dam is getting more and more cracks...

Edit: Maybe not :D

I dunno, man. The league is juggling quite a few balls here; sooner or later one's going to drop. Between all the reschedules and increase in cases, they're already talking about the possibility of a MARCH Super Bowl, and that's IF we even make it through the season...

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I dunno, man. The league is juggling quite a few balls here; sooner or later one's going to drop. Between all the reschedules and increase in cases, they're already talking about the possibility of a MARCH Super Bowl, and that's IF we even make it through the season...
Oh yeah, I'm still thinking it's WHEN, not IF the big shut down happens. It's just not quite yet...

Although in my local sports, Minnesota United (MLS) just had their second game in a row cancelled due to positive tests :(

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I didn't realise this was a thing. Ok, its bragging time. Last Sunday, my beloved Aston Villa who spent all of last season fighting relegation from the Premier League beat the Champions, Liverpool. And I don't mean that we just beat them, we annihilated them 7-2. Look at this, its beautiful.

I'm just disappointed the Premier League user group is no more, it was full of Liverpool fans, the amount of face rubbing in would of been immense.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
That sound that strange sound of Notre Dame being relevant again.
91-32 record and 2 NY6 bowls, playoff semi-final, and BCS championship appearances means they've been more relevant than 95% of FBS teams over the past decade.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Woof, anybody watch that utter trouncing of Tom Brady and the Buccaneers by Drew Brees and the Saints last night? Jesus, it was a train wreck; I couldn't look away. 3 interceptions, Brady?? He was seeing ghosts out there!

Speaking of train wrecks, I've officially given up hope for my Niners. Some have harbored hopes for maybe a wildcard berth into the playoffs if we're able to find a winning rhythm for the second half of the season, but given we're down to our backups' backups' best friends' cousins' nephews, and our remaining schedule has maybe 2 more wins, I don't see it happening. We've got $70 million in cap tied up in injured players, more than any team in NFL history. In our loss to Green Bay, they noted that of the Niners that beat the Packers handily twice last year, NONE are on the active roster this year, yet Aaron Rodgers somehow enjoyed "redeeming himself" against us. That's like saying if you beat me up, and I beat up your little brother in return, I "got you back."

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
Country
United States
Woof, anybody watch that utter trouncing of Tom Brady and the Buccaneers by Drew Brees and the Saints last night? Jesus, it was a train wreck; I couldn't look away. 3 interceptions, Brady?? He was seeing ghosts out there!

Speaking of train wrecks, I've officially given up hope for my Niners. Some have harbored hopes for maybe a wildcard berth into the playoffs if we're able to find a winning rhythm for the second half of the season, but given we're down to our backups' backups' best friends' cousins' nephews, and our remaining schedule has maybe 2 more wins, I don't see it happening. We've got $70 million in cap tied up in injured players, more than any team in NFL history. In our loss to Green Bay, they noted that of the Niners that beat the Packers handily twice last year, NONE are on the active roster this year, yet Aaron Rodgers somehow enjoyed "redeeming himself" against us. That's like saying if you beat me up, and I beat up your little brother in return, I "got you back."
Seeing Tom Brady getting utterly trounced will never not be funny. I thought the hate would got away once he got those Patriots colors off of him but the 20 years of nonsense still stings and I love a good trouncing. Plus the Bucs trying to be the Pats 2.0 even going as far as to sign Antonio Brown they had it coming.

The real trainwreck is Da Baarz because all the defense in the world does not matter with numerous 3 and outs and scoring when it doesn't matter anymore. I am upset King Henry did not run more yards on us as punishment.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Seeing Tom Brady getting utterly trounced will never not be funny. I thought the hate would got away once he got those Patriots colors off of him but the 20 years of nonsense still stings and I love a good trouncing. Plus the Bucs trying to be the Pats 2.0 even going as far as to sign Antonio Brown they had it coming.

The real trainwreck is Da Baarz because all the defense in the world does not matter with numerous 3 and outs and scoring when it doesn't matter anymore. I am upset King Henry did not run more yards on us as punishment.
Meh, I never had much ire towards TB12. Never liked him much, and I was just as fatigued with his nigh default Super Bowl appearances over 20 years as anyone else, but my 49ers being in the literal opposite division of him with problems of their own, he was never much more than a nuisance. But I AM a Drew Brees fan, and since they're constantly pit against one another in stats races, seeing Brees absotively KILL Brady at HIS house was uniquely satisfying.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I witnessed what you're talking about for myself for the first time last night during the Vikings vs. Bears game. To be fair, the game was a comedy of errors on the part of both teams, but someone needs to tell Nick Foles that his receivers are not 8-feet tall and neither are they on horseback; he left about 18 points out there overthrowing at key moments.