Sports

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Cross country mountain cycling
Track cycling
BMX bicycle racing
Road cycling
Downhill mountain cycling

Swimming, occasionally weights (to maintain upper body strength, for cycling).

My friends tell me I spend too much time on bikes. I tell them they're crazy.

afrophysics

Jul 4, 2008
My friend is both an avid gamer and a Parkour enthusiast (he's gone with Daniel Illabaca and some other good people I don't remember), but me personally I'm a casual footballer.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Darth Mobius post=18.68842.666895 said:
you had to swim a mile in 12:54... Only doing side or breast stroke. My best was 13:15. ON MY THIRD RUN OF THE DAY.
You should try for the Olympics then, the 1500m world record only stands at 14:10(freestyle). A mile is roughly 1650, so you should be a shoe in...

Ares Tyr

Aug 9, 2008
My sports across my life, or atleast my favorites, include...

Basketball (usually played on the streets with And1 rules).

Tae Kwon Do (five years of study, Black belt, one tournament which I won first place in my division)

Wrestling (I did some wrestling in my senior year in high school after moving to a school that had a wrestling program, which was absent from my last school)

Mixed Martial Arts (I began studying just before I got ahold of my black belt in TKD, I learned basic Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai from two of my Tae Kwon Do assistant guest instructors, and along with my wrestling experience, me and friends would go to different locations where we could and train and practice in MMA. I also had three free classes I wrangled from a local MMA gym owner who liked me. But most of it comes from the several books I've bought and the body shot fights that me and friends have had).

I'd love to do some Parkour and/or tricking, but I don't know anyone who's really interested in it around me.

SargentToughie

Jun 14, 2008
SeaCalMaster post=18.68842.666561 said:
SargentToughie post=18.68842.666370 said:
I'm in the marching band, which I consider a sport; we practice in the summer heat, and we compete against other schools for trophies... we're a sport and I'll battle anybody who says otherwise
I play chess, which I consider a sport; I practice in the summer heat, and I compete against other nerds for trophies... we're a sport and I'll battle anybody who says otherwise.
ooh, I do belive that he's baiting me...

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
for me it's mountain biking and brazilian jiu jitsu

would like to do kendo but don't have time and money, the only place around here is really expensive unless you go to the university