Spring Anime 2015

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Some shows have already begun airing while others will start sometime between now and the middle of next month. I usually stick to Crunchyroll, but they don't always grab everything I am interested in watching every month. Feel free to use this thread to share what you're excited about and where you can watch it.

Shows I am excited for:

- Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works part 2, which can be watched on Crunchyroll and began this week
- Ninja Slayer (studio Trigger!) starts mid April and will be simulcasted on Funimation's website
- Lupin the III (new run) which as far as I can tell has a TBA premiere date and no site's have claimed it yet

I am sure there's other good stuff starting this season, so let me know if I missed anything.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Well, everything else this season is instantly overshadowed by Highschool DxD's 3rd season. I'm really looking forward to that.

Other than that, Is it Wrong to Try and Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon is coming out this april. I might check it out, see if it follows the LN. A few various other harems and comedies look alright, but the real pull for me is Highschool DxD.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I took a bit of a break from anime during winter 2015(Probably due to me trying to watch almost every anime that season and becoming fatigued,) so I eventually plan on finishing some of those shows (The only one I manage to finish was Aldnoah.Zero, which ended up being really, really lame, and is yet another Urobuchi work ruined by other writers (Not as bad as Psycho-Pass 2, though. That would've been quite an accomplishment seeing how that's one of the worst anime sequels I've ever seen.))

There's a few shows this season I'm planning on checking out. I'm of course gonna watch Fate/Stay Night, and I'm looking forward to Ninja Slayer. I'm also gonna check out The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan, as I remember reading a bit of the manga and finding it cute.

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
No one has said Digimon Adventure tri.
All of you are crazy!
Who'd watch harem crap when you have this. Okay, fine, I'm a little skeptical, because it came from our childhoods and nostalgia plays a big part. So at the moment, I'm just hoping this is going to do well.

Other than that, I have the usual Fate/Stay Night UBW on my list.
I have quite a few interesting ones though.
Ore Monogatari!!
Sidonia no Kishi: Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki.
Plastic Memories. (Hopefully this won't turn out to be harem.)
Arslan Senki.
Kekkai Sensen.

Those last two sound really good, as with Ore Monogatari, well, I KNOW that is going to be great.

[sub][sub]So much harem. *groans*[/sub][/sub]

Anyway, I know this isn't on this season, but I also have good expectations for Charlotte in July.

EDIT: Plastic Memories is A-ok and seems better than I expected ... same with Gunslinger Stratos, weird.

Timeless Lavender

Lord of Chinchilla
Feb 2, 2015
The shows that I am interested in are:

-Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu
-Kekkai Sensen
-Arslan Senki
-Koukaku Kidoutai Arise: Alternative Architecture
-Ninja Slayer From Animation-April
-Digimon Adventure Tri.

Hopefully they will be good or at least decent.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
oh man, I've been waiting for this season to start for waaaay too long now. Some of my favorite anime of the past year is returning here, like the ever popular Unlimited Budget Works, JOKER, and "I can't understand what my Husband is saying," but there's some new anime that I am loving too, like That Yuki Nagato spinoff or Comical Psychosomatic Medicine, and that's not mentioning continuing series like JOJO or One Piece.

Oh, and SNAFU 2, one of my all-time favorite animes of all-time, finally back. Watching that first episode made it feel like it never really left.

Theminimanx

Positively Insane
Mar 14, 2011
Wait, Fate/Stay Night has started airing again? *Goes and watches F/SN*

So yeah, I'll be following that this season. Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu also looks interesting, though I'll probably wait for the dub with that one.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
EyeReaper said:
... not mentioning continuing series like JOJO or One Piece.
We're quickly approaching the last 15-20 episodes of Stardust Crusaders. I can't wait to see Dio in action, but at the same time I don't want the series to end! Gonna be depressed when JoJo's over :(

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Well, I have to finish Fate, so there's that.

And Yuki's getting her own show now? I must say, of all the Rei clones that escaped and found themselves in other anime's, she's my favorite. I hope the other characters are present, it was the group synergy that made the show so good. I miss Haruhi.

Otherwise, not much for now. I want Under the Dog to hurry up and get released, it looked promising.

Edit:
Wait. Wait wait wait wait WAIT. This digimon show is based on the original? With the original cast and everything?
https://youtu.be/4pbMUEHvoAo?t=5m41s
https://youtu.be/IUZEtVbJT5c?t=22s

Friends, the hype is real.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Well last season was a mecha overload for me so this season I'll be veering into some lesser charted genres.

Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?- Don't typically watch harems (at least this is what it looks like), but for some reason the trailers caught my attention. First episode was Ok so i guess I'll continue for now.

Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoushitsu- I liked Haruhi Suzumiya back in the day and I really enjoyed the movie that this series is inspired by so I figured why not? Bummer that Kyoani isn't doing this one but the animation is good enough based on what I've seen in the trailers.

Lupin III- I know next to nothing about what to expect or when to expect it, other than the obvious, but hey more Lupin III is always a good thing.

Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine- Loved the first season so bring on the next one.

Digimon Tri- OMG NOSTALGIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!........Don't Fuck this up Toei

Izanagi009_v1legacy

Anime Nerds Unite
Apr 25, 2013
on my end:
Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works: first episode should have capped the last season but helped developed the relationship between Rin and Shirou so I can't complain

Plastic Memories: Color me surprised, the show despite looking to much like some cutesy work drama turns out to be a smaller version of Blade Runner dealing with the heavy emotions of humanoid androids and their decomissioning in relation to those around them

High School DxD Born: The first episode didn't hit me that hard since I had read the light novels but I can expect some chuckles and fun fights.

Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: First episode was the definition of mediocrity with good banter and a decent world but I have a bad feeling where this will go so I will give it two more chances to hook me.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
Fappy said:
EyeReaper said:
We're quickly approaching the last 15-20 episodes of Stardust Crusaders. I can't wait to see Dio in action, but at the same time I don't want the series to end! Gonna be depressed when JoJo's over :(
Speaking of JoJo...

Can anyone here tell me how someone who can control the trajectory of his bullets manage to shoot himself unknowingly? It seemed like it was just a really stupid way of getting the best character out of the picture. Also, a Stand user takes the same damage his stand takes, right? so how come Boingo didn't get... you know, all shot up when his book did?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
EyeReaper said:
Fappy said:
EyeReaper said:
Speaking of JoJo...

Can anyone here tell me how someone who can control the trajectory of his bullets manage to shoot himself unknowingly? It seemed like it was just a really stupid way of getting the best character out of the picture. Also, a Stand user takes the same damage his stand takes, right? so how come Boingo didn't get... you know, all shot up when his book did?
I think Hol Horse did change the trajectory at the last second when he realized what was happening. That's why he didn't die.

As for the book... well in the next scene it seems to regenerate the damage for some reason.

*Shrugs*

It was a joke episode :p

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Thus far I really enjoyed and recommend you check out: Shokugeki no Souma, Plastic Memories, Owari no Seraph, Kekkai Sensen & Arslan Senki.

Other than that regarding sequels: Fate Unlimited Blade Works second cours was my most anticipated and I think it will be 1# by the time this season ends. Baby Steps S2 & Danna ga Nani & Highschool DXD were solid.

Very good start of the Spring season if you ask me..and there's more to come! Looking forward to see Punchline, Ninja Slayer, Gintama, Yamada, Sidonia S2, Ore Monogatari & Grisaia.

coates32

Jun 10, 2011
Here's the stuff I've planned on seeing (eventually) that's coming out this season:

-The Heroic Legend of Arslan

-High School DxD Born (enjoy the first two seasons, I'll probably wait for the dub on this one)

-Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine (I normally don't like CG anime but the first season was too good to ignore)

-The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan (I'm a big Suzumiya fan, but I'm a bit concerned about the iffy character designs, see here [http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=16250])

-Triage X (I've enjoyed what I've read of the manga)

-Ninja Slayer (I'm cautiously curious about this one)

-Gintama (2015)

There might be more later on depending on if someone recommend me a show down the line.

PapaGreg096

Oct 12, 2013
Fappy said:
EyeReaper said:
Fappy said:
EyeReaper said:
Speaking of JoJo...

I think Hol Horse did change the trajectory at the last second when he realized what was happening. That's why he didn't die.

As for the book... well in the next scene it seems to regenerate the damage for some reason.

*Shrugs*

It was a joke episode :p

Thoth was a remote stand so Boingo didn't suffer any damage

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
EyeReaper said:
Fappy said:
EyeReaper said:
Speaking of JoJo...

As someone else said he did change the trajectory at the last moment butas for the shooting himself part, I'll chalk it up to him being a terrible shot. As for the book,it's not his stand. Thoth is using the book as a medium akin to how Wheel of Fortune and Superfly work... I think.

I'm still having a ton of fun with Jojo and hoping for an adaption of part 4. Plastic Memories is looking to be either great or terrible. The premise is great and they sort of treat the job like someone who works in a funeral home but the chracters are fairly stock,the one girl is so tsundere is hurts.

Skeptical about Digimon Tri, a revisit to that continuity this far after has me a bit wary Super excited for My Love Story though,the manga is excellent.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Disregard Spring.

Acquire Summer and, therefore, Monster Musume.