Spyro Reignited Trilogy Announced

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Now can we please do this to Jak and Daxtar and Ratchet and Clank please?
We already got a R&C remaster. It really wasn't good. lol I will say this in its defense though. Original Ratchet was insufferable until he finally grew up a little in the second one and beyond. Glad they got rid of that crap in the remaster, even if he is kind of a boring character.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Sounds like a good opportunity to have some fun.

Although I did play through the original Spyro trilogy a few months ago and I must say, 20 years of gaming experience later, they are rather quick and easy games to run through, so beware you expectations.

Arnoxthe1 said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Now can we please do this to Jak and Daxtar and Ratchet and Clank please?
We already got a R&C remaster. It really wasn't good. lol I will say this in its defense though. Original Ratchet was insufferable until he finally grew up a little in the second one and beyond. Glad they got rid of that crap in the remaster, even if he is kind of a boring character.
Never played the original on PS2, but I did enjoy playing through Ratchet & Clank on PS4, what's not good about it?

Casual Shinji said:
Hawki said:
I dunno, just curious as to whether there's life for these characters beyond remasters (outside Skylanders).
There isn't.

We have as much chance of Capcom going back to making classic Resident Evil as we do-.. whoever making another Crash or Spyro game.
Activision's the one you're looking for.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
bluegate said:
Casual Shinji said:
There isn't.

We have as much chance of Capcom going back to making classic Resident Evil as we do-.. whoever making another Crash or Spyro game.
Activision's the one you're looking for.
They're publishing it, but they're probably using one of their Skylanders developers or some other team that does mobile games for this remaster.

Feb 7, 2016
Worgen said:
Hmm, no pc release though. Shame since I would totally get this, assuming it was on steam and assuming its not as bad as the ratchet and clank remaster.

The N.Sane Trilogy is a getting a PC port. It's very likely Activision will do the same for Spyro in the future as well.

busterkeatonrules

- in Glorious Black & White!
Legacy
Jun 22, 2009
Country
Norway
Looks great - so far. Activision is nothing if not a crack team of champion messer-uppers, and if anyone can find a route to Suck-topia by way of the awesomeness demonstrated in the trailer, it's them. Fingers crossed, though - the new Crash remaster turned out to be a very decent effort by all involved.

Who am I kidding? Me Spyro fan. Me buy!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
DeliveryGodNoah said:
Worgen said:
Hmm, no pc release though. Shame since I would totally get this, assuming it was on steam and assuming its not as bad as the ratchet and clank remaster.

The N.Sane Trilogy is a getting a PC port. It's very likely Activision will do the same for Spyro in the future as well.
We shall see, but it also depends on if it will get released on steam or if they are going to really make a push for blizzards stupid store front thing.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
bluegate said:
Never played the original on PS2, but I did enjoy playing through Ratchet & Clank on PS4, what's not good about it?

It's a long video and a little bit of it I don't quite agree with, but besides that, he does a good job of laying it all out.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Eh. Kids don't know about Spyro. I'm not expecting much from this. Crash got lucky for being at the same time quirky and challenging. I feel that most people are going to pass on Spyro. I may be wrong though, i'm totally out of touch with the gaming community these days.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Lufia Erim said:
Eh. Kids don't know about Spyro.
Because of Skylanders, I doubt that.

Also, kids aren't going to be the only target demographic for the game - nostalgia sells.