Square-Enix E3 conference

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
It's about what people expected however not what was promised.

Kingdom Hearts 3
Just Cause 4
Nier coming to Xbox
Tomb Raider
Babylon's Fall

And no mention of Final Fantasy 7 remake. Frankly I couldn't be more annoyed.

Octopath Traveler got a release date as did Dragon Quest XI so that's something to be excited for if you are an RPG fan.

Feb 26, 2014
Still not worse than EA and not as cringe as Bethesda's. It could be that they're saving the bulk of their announcements for the Sony conference, but then why wouldn't they announce it during theirs? It was about as disappointing as Bethesda's conference, but at least it was short.

Feb 7, 2016
If they're saving the other big stuff for the Sony conference, what's the point of Square Enix even holding onto having one of their own?
I mean, there isn't even a stage presence. It was just a half hour of trailers.

And we've seen or had the ability to see that same Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer at least 3 times now. Likely 4 during Sony's turn.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Here Comes Tomorrow said:
I think we have a new contender for worst conference.
In all honestly it wasn't a bad showing. They don't really have a suited up man talk bullshit to people and instead just showed off games which I'm totally fine with. The problem is that I didn't get the game I wanted, so really it is a personal problem that I didn't enjoy the conference as much as I normally would have.

That being said I'm looking forward to:

The new Tomb Raider, I love this reboot series and the 3rd game looks slick.
Octopath Traveler is an RPG that I've been interested in taking a look at. Seems like a decent retro-style rpg.
Dragon Quest XI is another RPG I'm excited for as I've enjoyed both 7 and 8 as the two DQ's I've actually been able to play.
Babylon's Fall has potential and I'm interested in seeing what they do with a Platinum developed game.

Samos205

Dec 14, 2011
Country
New Zealand
Here Comes Tomorrow said:
I think we have a new contender for worst conference.
i don't think it was that bad, it got straight to what people wanted, to see what they were announcing, without all the pr and fluff that normally accompanies that.
it's still a way off from being the worst

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
CritialGaming said:
It's about what people expected however not what was promised.

Kingdom Hearts 3
Just Cause 4
Nier coming to Xbox
Tomb Raider
Babylon's Fall

Octopath Traveler got a release date as did Dragon Quest XI so that's something to be excited for if you are an RPG fan.

I will be disappointed if they remove it from the game.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
I thought it was great. Way better than EA conference. No dragging out, no PR bullshit, and no cringy presenters. Just game trailers and to the point

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
-Dragmire- said:

I will be disappointed if they remove it from the game.
It is at least in a section of the game that fits into an episodic narrative.

I for one eagerly await the entire episode of the heroes inbreeding multiple generations of birds so they can fly to an island for no reason to pick up a marble they had no way of knowing was there.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
WolvDragon said:
I honestly think Square Enix is gonna show off FF7 R at Sony's press conference.
Yeah, like at E3 2022. Just look at how long FF15 and Kingdom Hearts 3 took.

OT: I thought Octopath Traveler already had a release date.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Casual Shinji said:
WolvDragon said:
I honestly think Square Enix is gonna show off FF7 R at Sony's press conference.
That's why they are doing FF7 episodic. So, I'm looking forward to the E3 2020!

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
WolvDragon said:
2022? Don't you think you're being a bit too optimistic.

OT: While EA has the worst conference in the bag for this year, SE probably has the most disappointing conference. It wasn't bad, but I expected a little more and some parts during the conference I felt, did it really need to be a part of it? Like the Automata port for Xbox One, yeah it's great that Xbox players are now able to play a fantastic game, but did the announcement need to be part of the main showcase especially since Microsoft already announced it. Same with Octopath Traveller, since the creators have already been drip feeding us info about the game for months now, it really didn't need to be part of the showcase. Still really looking forward to it though.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
CritialGaming said:
If they talked about it, they'd have to admit it's still another 5 years off(minimum). Assuming they don't pull a FFXIII and have the episodes stretch the entire lifespan of the PS5.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
CritialGaming said:
Octopath traveler already had a release date. they announced the release date in the March Nintendo direct

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Dalisclock said:
CritialGaming said:
If they talked about it, they'd have to admit it's still another 5 years off(minimum). Assuming they don't pull a FFXIII and have the episodes stretch the entire lifespan of the PS5.
I'm surprised how unembarrassed square is with this situation, the FF7 remake will take far longer to develop than the original... It will also cost 3 time the price.

I used to worship square, but now they're just an embarrassment.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Yoshi178 said:
CritialGaming said:
Octopath traveler already had a release date. they announced the release date in the March Nintendo direct
Yeah i dont watch nintendo directs because i dont normally care about nintendo games