Square Enix Explains FF XIII-2's Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey Stuff

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
remnant_phoenix said:
I'm definitely not paying any money for anything Squeenix makes unless it's VersusXIII or Kingdom Hearts III.
Amen, brother. What about Agito XIII, though? The stuff that's been shown makes the game show some promise.

While I'm on the topic of Agito, it's called Type-0 now. Really, Square, isn't it still part of Fabula Nova Crystallis? Then why not retain the XIII label? The l'Cie army that Cid controls in that game proves that it has connections to the XIII universe/mythos. Your marketing division makes the stupidest decisions sometimes.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Two things, one, nice little Doctor Who reference.

And two, to say at the very least because I'm trying to use my quiet internet voice, YAAAAAY!!!!

I'm actually really excited about what's going on with this game, and I was wondering how the whole time travel thing worked, now I know.

Inkidu

Mar 25, 2011
Nope, you still can't make me care. I'm already not getting it on principle. No direct sequels!

This is just an attempt to get a little Crono glory back I think.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Somehow -SOMEHOW- eliminate the tween-wangst-feel from the first FF13. Then we'll talk.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
I'm sure they should put a disclaimer on that...
My guess this "FREE!" time-travel thingy, will still hold a certain degree of linearity to in.

Maybe multiple lines with split ends, but don't expect a "choose anywhere anytime".

But time-travel as a story-element? Count me in... Cause FFXIII's plot of "pawns raging against the heavens, raging against their own heavens" is too much like FFXII.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Players will be able to use the "Historia Crux," which will allow them to travel through time and space.
So thats what would happen if you crossed Doctor Who and Harry Potter.

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
Awesome can't wait!!! want to see more of Lightning!!
here is big big big pic of new Lightning
http://chan.sankakustatic.com/data/46/78/4678e5ab8aaf83066a25b4da4ad4ae9c.jpg

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
wooty said:
Iiiiiintersting Toriyama-san, I like sidequests and this new "time travel" aspect sounds too appealing to miss out on for me.

Then again, with that said, even without the time travel aspect and the exploration, I'd still buy FFXIII-2, I've had an obsession with Final Fantasy for 19 years and it shall continue regardless of content.

(Yes, yes, yes, "fanboi,lolololweeaboo!rofl!!!!!", I get it, I get it, sue me)
Final Fantasy XIII angered me to the nth degree. You've probably followed this far more loyally then I have. Do you think this sequel will be more suitable for those of us who were disappointed?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
binnsyboy said:
wooty said:
Iiiiiintersting Toriyama-san, I like sidequests and this new "time travel" aspect sounds too appealing to miss out on for me.

Then again, with that said, even without the time travel aspect and the exploration, I'd still buy FFXIII-2, I've had an obsession with Final Fantasy for 19 years and it shall continue regardless of content.

Final Fantasy XIII angered me to the nth degree. You've probably followed this far more loyally then I have. Do you think this sequel will be more suitable for those of us who were disappointed?
Heres hoping its more suitable for players as a whole. Even though I didnt mind XIII, I do consider it a kind of way to test the water, new graphics, new leveling system, new combat mechanics ect. Hopefully now that that phase is over, I can only hope that the new game is as enjoyable as XIII's predecessors.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Ugh, colour me uninterested.

I think I'm done the Final Fantasy franchise.

I shall hence consider any new release a shitfest until proven otherwise.
Some of us have been coping with that for years now.
I had to go to therapy after Dirge of Cerberus...

ReCaptcha: TUMORS ARRONE
What the hell?

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Player choice? Crud loads of optional content? Newgame plus style stuff?

This is sounding awfully like and certain other FF sequel

Verdilian

Jan 8, 2011
BrotherRool said:

Indeed it does. Which is my hype meter for this game is increasing.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
I was so pissed when I heard that Noel was from the future. Overcomplicting a plot that already looking complicated enough.

But then I saw this mechanic. I'm good now.

Daystar Clarion said:
Ugh, colour me uninterested.

I think I'm done the Final Fantasy franchise.

I shall hence consider any new release a shitfest until proven otherwise.
You don't have a PSP? :(

BrotherRool said:

To be honest, X-2 didn't really have different endings as much as it had extended endings. I think it'll be more "choose X and get ending Y" rather than "get 100% for the TRUE ending".

ZippyDSMlee said:
Another nail in FFs coffin.... the damn thing is a porky pine already......
You say that for every FF related thread, regardless of whether the content is good or not.

Volothos

Dec 31, 2008
s69-5 said:
wooty said:
Don't worry, they'll probably be too busy pointing and laughing at me and my notorious love of RPGs from Japan...

OP: This sounds very promising indeed. Of course this doesn't excuse 1 thing - WHERE THE HELL IS FF Versus XIII!?
Dont worry though, Nisa and neptunia are awesome :3

Still not interested in FF13-2. I quit ff13 and i'd rather not try this.