Square Enix Hiding "Large-Scale" MMO Behind Its Back

linkvegeta

Dec 18, 2010
Helios_(DEL) said:
linkvegeta said:
Im guessing it's going to be called Final Fantasy XV. Square Enix has never been so good at the whole MMO thing. I am not expecting much after they made a big deal about FF XIV and it was a massive flop.
That and they expect people to pay money for it is just wtf.I think the Final fantasy era is over, its now becoming overrated and well if the creators dont seem to think were they will take final fantasy next why should the fans bother with them anymore.
You know.... I think if they had spent the time they wasted on FF11 and FF14 they would have had much better games for FF12 and FF13.

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
Meh, people wont really care about this until it comes out and people runs to the streets and forums crying "SE ACTUALLY have made a half decent game" for a change..l.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
You know how when you are skim reading something you can sometimes misread something or combine unrelated sentences? For a moment there I thought the title of the news item read "Square Enix hiding my little pony MMO behind its back"

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
UGH. WHY?

If you were just going to release a new one not even a fucking year after XIV why did you waste the number?! Has Final Fantasy become some sort of "Just slap a number on it" franchise to you? this is your MAIN LINE SERIES AND YOU CAN'T TREAT IT WITH RESPECT!

This just reeks of bad decision making, your last MMO failed miserably out the door, you have MULTIPLE game projects that you are still working on, so what do you do? ADD ANOTHER GAME PROJECT THAT'S AN MMO, FUCKING WHAT?

You gotta be laughing at Nomura, Kitase and Matsuno who just came back to this shit "We're seriously hanging around this company when this madman is driving it into the dirt" I think the only thing keeping the former 2 is the abillity to work on their side games, and the latter is only staying because he's been offered more Tactics Ogre.

I'M A BETTER FINANCIAL MANAGER THAN WADA AND I HAVE A SPENDING HABIT!

thenamelessloser

Jan 15, 2010
I hate the idea of a Deus EX MMORPG and I liked the first two games. (yes I liked the second one as well)

I think the best bet is a Dragon Quest MMORPG which other posters mentioned in other posts in this topic already. I think it would be great idea because every single Dragon Quest I played were all MAJOR grindfest. (I played some or all the first four dragon "warriors," Dragon Quest 7, and Dragon Quest VIII. I don't think I beat any of them. The grind always defeats me.) So, if you have single player game that is popular while it centers around grinding. It makes perfect sense for an MMORPG. I think it should probably do amazing in Japan if it is the case. But I don't know if Dragon Quest is popular enough globally...

BTW, in case you can't tell I"m not a fan of the Dragon Quests games and I found them dull. They are repetitive like this post due to all the grinding.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
please tell me you're kidding....

why are you doing this?
nobody likes what you do square
and you know if this is gonna be another main FF title(which i doubt) i'm gonna kill ya
people will hate you anyway since they have too high expectations
and a failed MMO will hit your wallets even more

please put the drugs down and just do your good stuff
..... or later we might need to intervene and take it from you by force

Noctis_XZ

Jan 26, 2011
You know.. I wholeheartedly agree that Final Fantasy XIV was a train wreck of a launch and is still currently a less than stellar MMO.. but REALLY, a majority of you folks just seem like you hate anything SE related to well.. just hate on it because it's the "in" thing.. oh, and it's Japanese!

SE makes horrible MMO's? Umm.. Final Fantasy 11 was a very successful game and is STILL operating under a pay to play model after at least 8 years... obviously it's not that bad of a game if it's still bringing them in a profit after all this time.

I hate having to stress this but I find myself doing it once again.. just because YOU personally don't enjoy how a game plays out or handles doesn't make it bad. A lot of people didn't like Final Fantasy 12 and that's absolutely fine.. but calling it a bad game, that's hilarious.. what exactly was so bad about that game that ruined it? Not that scores matter but it had perfect/nearly perfect scores all around and was one of the best selling PS2 games of the year. As for Final Fantasy 13 it was the fasts selling title in franchise history.. also a solid game.

I know I'm sure I'll get treated as a fanboy but I'm really not. SE isn't what it used to be.. that's for sure, but they still put out descent games. It just really bugs me when I see certain groups of people point out certain things in certain game titles from certain developers in certain parts of the world and than COMPLETELY ignore those other developers. Case in point.. I hear a lot of things like.. SE just makes the same game over and over again.. why won't they just let the franchise die?! Simple.. it's because it's profitable.

But if that's the way you want to play it.. why won't they just let Halo die?.. why won't they just let Call of Duty die? They make the same game over and over again! Why does Bioware literally make the SAME games over and over again?

And by the way.. actually read things instead of just blindly jumping on the hate wagon. Their fiscal year ends in March of next year and it's just an ANNOUNCEMENT.. you know, that's where they say.. hey, we are going to be making this game that you probably won't see for at least 2 or 3 years.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
I hope this works for them, but it seems very very risky considering their current financial situation.

PatchlingZoon

Jun 10, 2010
SquallTheBlade said:
Square Enix should really stop making MMOs because they suck at it. Why don't just stick to something you are good at?
Money. Something they're "good at" is making epic RPGs...but those titles take painstaking years and resources to produce. They just wanna make more money and the best way is to open up their franchise options.

But I agree. They're entering a highly saturated market owned by much more experienced corporations.

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
Honestly, if they fix the extremely difficult combat and wonky controls I'd hop on and play a bit (and offer more races too).

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
linkvegeta said:
Helios_(DEL) said:
linkvegeta said:
Im guessing it's going to be called Final Fantasy XV. Square Enix has never been so good at the whole MMO thing. I am not expecting much after they made a big deal about FF XIV and it was a massive flop.
That and they expect people to pay money for it is just wtf.I think the Final fantasy era is over, its now becoming overrated and well if the creators dont seem to think were they will take final fantasy next why should the fans bother with them anymore.
You know.... I think if they had spent the time they wasted on FF11 and FF14 they would have had much better games for FF12 and FF13.
Agreed that or they need a new leader in gaming design.