Square Enix Los Angeles Hit With Layoffs

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
chimpzy said:
I wonder if there is any relation to this (yes, I know Sankaku Complex is not the most reliable source):

Square Enix - We're going to scrap all the rubbish [http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2013/04/03/square-enix-were-going-to-scrap-all-the-rubbish/]

OT: Good thing they don't seem intent on not laying off devs. Hurting one of the branches of your company that still brings in good money is generally a bad idea. Then again, investors aren't interested in good money, only ludicrously great money.
Oh Sankaku Complex.

I always feel like my history needs a wash after visiting that site ^_^.

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
So only the marketing, PR and finacial people got laid off?

I'm totally okay with that.

And to all the people bitching about FF: If Lightning Returns only sells 300k (which it will) then the next new FF game we'll see will be on next gen consoles in the far, far future:)

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I wonder if the marketing layoffs had anything to do with the Hitman fiasco.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
FFP2 said:
So only the marketing, PR and finacial people got laid off?

I'm totally okay with that.
Does seem entirely out of character for the video game industry. I mean, actually firing the people who were responsiable for setting impossible targets, promising to deliver then failing to do so.

Then again, isn't that how Japan conducts its business in the work place? They actually have accountability?

FFP2

Dec 24, 2012
Abomination said:
Does seem entirely out of character for the video game industry. I mean, actually firing the people who were responsiable for setting impossible targets, promising to deliver then failing to do so.

Then again, isn't that how Japan conducts its business in the work place? They actually have accountability?
People can talk shit on Japan all day but these people actually use logic:p

If only Western companies started doing this... Ahh, pretty much everyone from EA, Activision and Ubi would be fired.