Square Enix Teams Up With People Can Fly for an Unnamed Project

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Square Enix Teams Up With People Can Fly for an Unnamed Project

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1409/1409594.jpgBulletstorm developer People Can Fly has partnered with Square Enix for a new, unnamed game project.

If you're a fan of Bulletstorm or its developer, People Can Fly, here's some good news for you. The studio is now working on a new game in partnership with Square Enix.

While there's no word on what the game or IP is, or even what genre it might fall into, the press release says that the project is being developed for PC and consoles, and that it will be "high-end." People Can Fly is expanding for this project, listing a number of new positions on its website [http://peoplecanfly.com/career/]. The project is still very early in development, and Square Enix has already confirmed that it won't be appearing at E3 this year.

Lee Singleton, head of studio at Square Enix London Studios, said of the project, "We're building a game we all want to play which will be the perfect addition to our portfolio."

People Can Fly created both Painkiller and Bulletstorm before Epic Games acquired a majority stake in the developer in 2007. It then worked on games in the Gears of War series, including the PC port of Gears of War. The studio was fully acquired by Epic in August of 2012, and renamed Epic Games Poland in November of 2013. However, the studio became an independent again in June of 2015, renaming itself People Can Fly once again.

We'll have to wait and see what this new game turns out to be, but if People Can Fly's track record is any indication, it may be worth keeping an eye on.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I don't see what people enjoyed so much about Bulletstorm. The gameplay was okay, nothing special, but it feels like one half of the developer team thought they were making a CoD clone and the other half thought they were parodying it.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013

I think we're done here.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Oh Square Enix? Guess this game is gonna have to sell 23 million copied to be deemed a financial success.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
ffronw said:
We'll have to wait and see what this new game turns out to be, but if People Can Fly's track record is any indication, it may be worth keeping an eye on.
Uhhh maybe? If you like their games of shooting with crazy weapons, shooting people for points and cover based shooting featuring tired and grumpy main protagonist then sure? I mean the plots for their games (not the ones they co-developed with Epic) have never been that great and are usually dragging on by the end not to mention their gameplay got repetitive really quickly which in a game like Bulletstorm where you kick people in the dick and slap a sticky bomb on their face was very disappointing. I'm just surprised that they're teaming up with Square Enix though, I'm almost tempted to joke about how they must be working on the first FPS Final Fantasy. But no please not that.

Shoggoth2588 said:
This can only mean one thing:

Dirge of Cerberus 2: Gothic Boogaloo.
I laughed. :D

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Bob_McMillan said:
I don't see what people enjoyed so much about Bulletstorm. The gameplay was okay, nothing special, but it feels like one half of the developer team thought they were making a CoD clone and the other half thought they were parodying it.
Its loved because It was a game in the vein of the Serious Sam era of shooters. I don't know where you're getting the CoD feels from. People like to shot ridiculous monsters in a story that doesn't take itself super serious, most big shooter at the time with grey grimdark shooters or CoD. Bulletstorm was a breath of fresh air.

Apr 5, 2008
Presumably it will be a Marvel licensed game, since Squeenix announced pretty much they won't be working on anything non-Marvel for the next few years.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
JUMBO PALACE said:
Oh Square Enix? Guess this game is gonna have to sell 23 million copied to be deemed a financial success.
That was my joke :p, i'll just add a message to the developers, make sure you have an exit strategy for when Square tries to f*** you.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Honestly, I think I may just want another Painkiller. Specifically, I want to see those amazing imaginative levels again.