Square Enix Unconvinced On Motion Control for RPGs

ahappycamper

Jul 13, 2009
Aaargh, I don't know what game this guy is talking about but I have never encountered any actual "gameplay" in final fantasy 13. Furthermore it's the game itself which is Awkward NOT the motion control. I'm surprised they didn't just use a single button for ff13 for 'skip scene' or 'stop hideousness that is the sound coming out of the character mouths'. The fact of the matter is jrpgs do not have enough interactivity for motion control. Other RPGs like oblivion could actually work with motion control really well. Actually that would be awesome. PLEASE PLEASE make the next elder scrolls use kinect Bethesda.

WaderiAAA

Derp Master
Aug 11, 2009
Motion control would indeed be awkward in most RPGs - Though Zelda Skyward Sword might work if that is considered an RPG (I'm really not sure what genre Zelda games are considered to be in).

But then again, Zelda is nintendo's, so that doesn't help SE much either way

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Igen said:
kicking slimes for hours.... you may have discovered a way for square to do a weight loss RPG.

EDIT: hmmmm... the more i think about it the more it seems like this could work. small fights before the boss as your warm up, long boss fights for the main work out. a 40+ hour RPG would last months! And if you made a branching story line that had a huge impact on various outcomes and story elements, people would keep doing the workouts to progress through the different story arcs. RPG gamers would be the fittest people around. Though I would would use a new IP for the initial release, other wise they could produce a final fantasy that receives worse feedback then FF13.
I don't know why, but I support this. The world's getting to lazy.

Chris646

Jan 3, 2011
I'm gonna have to say that navigating menus in the sort of real time RPGs that has been Final Fantasy as of late with a motion controller would get very old, very fast. Motion controls in a Squeenix game is a bad idea.