Square Pumping Up Final Fantasy V for PSN Release

Goodluf

Apr 14, 2009
Tank207" post="7.275348.10673420 said:
Ah good, I always liked V but I never got a chance to complete it. Hopefully it's re-translated so Faris won't sound like a complete idiot, I couldn't stand how she talked in the Anthology version. The job system is really where this game shines.

To commemorate this good news, I shall play a song.

Exellent choice of music, I have to say. Also, I happen to have FF Antology for PS1, but I might buy this thing from the PSN just because it's FF IV. The job system was the most interesting system I had seen in an RPG.

Though the translation in all the early PS1 Final Fantasys were indeed quite...funky sometimes, heh. Hope it's better this time.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Floyd Norman said:
If you have a Japanese Account on your PS3 you can go to the PSN and Download ff 1,2,4,5,6 in one Package in their PS1 Glory. So f**k waiting for this.
I think I should also mention THEY COME IN ENGLISH!
BUT! Do they have the original loading times from the PS1 days as well?

frago roc

Aug 13, 2009
Definitely worth a play through, I remember playing a fan translation rom way before it was released here on PSx. I also bought it on PSx when it came out here so S my D if you think piracy is all bad all the time (I'm talking to you mods).

EDIT: less than 2 weeks until FFIV for psp! =)

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...I still have the Final Fantasy Collection PS1 disc with FF5 on it... and it works fine on my PS2...

Floyd Norman

Apr 5, 2011
Defense said:
Floyd Norman said:
If you have a Japanese Account on your PS3 you can go to the PSN and Download ff 1,2,4,5,6 in one Package in their PS1 Glory. So f**k waiting for this.
I think I should also mention THEY COME IN ENGLISH!
BUT! Do they have the original loading times from the PS1 days as well?
Well if you haven't played a PS1 download before then I guess its a good time to explain that the PS3's (not really that great) hardware accelerates them. The PS1 FF Downloads are in no way slow except FF 9 but that games was like playing an AIDs sufferer to begin with.

iblis666

Sep 8, 2008
fu3lman said:
To hell with this shit, where's VI?
yeah really i think they are pulling this shit on us on purpose im going to end up with all 1-5,7-9 before i ever get to 6 on my psp

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I had a chance to play this on a rom a whole year before it was released here (a while back). I managed to locate a fan dubbed version in english. I thought it was pretty cool then. I'd be happy to see a remake too. ^^ (never did beat - got really close though)

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Chibz said:
manythings said:
See you think it's a good idea but you're just paying for them to make something even worse for Final Fantasy XV. If you bail them out they'll never learn their lesson.
But I don't care what they do with recent final fantasy games, because final fantasy sucks now.

So how is it a BAD idea to only buy the FF games who's quality I can stand behind?
SanguineSymphony said:
manythings said:
Chibz said:
Yeah. I'm definitely picking this up when it's out on PSN. Huzzah!
See you think it's a good idea but you're just paying for them to make something even worse for Final Fantasy XV. If you bail them out they'll never learn their lesson.
That seems backwards... If he were buying their shittier NEW games that would be one thing. But the classics are just that Classics. That and most former Square/SquareSoft fans don't give a fuck about the current shit they release.
They aren't ear-marking the money from this, that money is going straight into the "FFXIV was retarded" bailout. They aren't going to suddenly realise they've fucked up and try to make the games in a different/good way, they're going to piss it up against the wall on some other dumb project (that will never be a remake of FFVII).

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
manythings said:
They aren't ear-marking the money from this, that money is going straight into the "FFXIV was retarded" bailout. They aren't going to suddenly realise they've fucked up and try to make the games in a different/good way, they're going to piss it up against the wall on some other dumb project (that will never be a remake of FFVII).
What about this basic concept is alien to you? I don't CARE about FF15, or 14. Or even 16 when it comes out. They'll suck anyways, so I'm not buying.

FF5 is still awesome though. It'll always be awesome.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
FFV was my first RPG ever so it holds a special place in my heart. Up until that point I only played sidescrollers, racers or fighters. The idea that a game could have such a complex system and actual story and dialogue blew my mind.
To this day Galuf's death is still one of the most memorable moments in my gamer life.

SanguineSymphony

Jan 25, 2011
Chibz said:
manythings said:
What about this basic concept is alien to you? I don't CARE about FF15, or 14. Or even 16 when it comes out. They'll suck anyways, so I'm not buying.

FF5 is still awesome though. It'll always be awesome.
I was going to ask what part of Don't give a Fuck do you not understand. You're nicer than I am.

I am not buying any new SE games unless they change a LOT. But I do and will buy their classics.

The way I see it SE is going to be like Disney was for a while and stay a float on their old classics.