Square's "VII" Countdown Site Is Not for FFVII

not a zaar

Dec 16, 2008
That "VII" changed to a "VI" the next day after the countdown started, so this was news maybe a week ago. It was just counting down the days.

Fluga

Jan 10, 2008
Wow.

Bolas is going to blow everybody away. Post Alara block or not.

Bolas rapes everyone in here. EVERYONE. Though I am curious to see what the Birds of Paradise will do.

Tales of Golden Sun

Dec 18, 2008
Ah, this has given me quite the laughter.
I had loved te see the faces of FFVII fans when they read this. :)
Don't really care about the game they announced though.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
Wait a minute...thinking...think...AH!

V=Vermilion
II=Two

They had this all planned out from the beginning!
[small]The sly dogs...[/small]

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
not a zaar said:
That "VII" changed to a "VI" the next day after the countdown started, so this was news maybe a week ago. It was just counting down the days.
Yeah, but it specifically started from 7 days, or VII, so that they could have that delicious little "V2" pun. Kinda clever, in all honesty.

And geez, has Square been expanding their horizons or what? First they were just an RPG developer, then they merged with another RPG Dev, then they made Yosumin (probably one the better non-Tetris puzzle games), then they absorbed Eidos, and now a card game? They've come a long way from that little company that went nearly bankrupt twice (once in 8-bit era, and once right after Spirits Within).

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Amnestic said:
an Ehrgeiz remake
I hate quoting memes and the like but: Do want.

Want very much so.
Wasn't Ehrgeiz that horrible fighting game that they put a few Final Fantasy characters into in order to guarantee a few sales to gullible FF7 Fanboys? Why would we want a remake of that trite?

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
it's kinda funny how everyone thinks they're going to remake ffvii, they've said many times it's not going to happen and they are carrying on with the ff series

just give it up people there isn't going to be a remake

Flame Roarg

Sep 24, 2009
MY GOD! HOW DARE THEY PULL THAT BS! I had been waiting for the FFVII remake for a while, but now I know they aren't doing it (in the foreseeable future) I really pissed off. This is one of the things that annoys me about game developers, they never listen to fans. We want an FFVII Remake or a finale to the series, or at the very least a sequel, and now they pull this off? Not only have the majority of people outside of Japan never played or even heard of this game, but they don't ever follow the countdown by not have a FFVII character. And, as a final act of BSyness, they don't even have Cecil. Well, Escapist users, I think Square Enix directors and producers should have their heads held under water AND THEIR GILS SHUT WITH A STAPLER!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Flame Roarg said:
MY GOD! HOW DARE THEY PULL THAT BS! I had been waiting for the FFVII remake for a while, but now I know they aren't doing it (in the foreseeable future) I really pissed off. This is one of the things that annoys me about game developers, they never listen to fans. We want an FFVII Remake or a finale to the series, or at the very least a sequel, and now they pull this off? Not only have the majority of people outside of Japan never played or even heard of this game, but they don't ever follow the countdown by not have a FFVII character. And, as a final act of BSyness, they don't even have Cecil. Well, Escapist users, I think Square Enix directors and producers should have their heads held under water AND THEIR GILS SHUT WITH A STAPLER!
Was that meant to be English? Were you never taught how to construct sentences and paragraphs at school?

Flame Roarg

Sep 24, 2009
Oh God, after re-reading it, I realise that it had no good English. I's normally has goodest English. Now, on a serious note, people have been going on about V being the initial for the game, and II being for the fact it's a sequel. However, upon first seeing a post about this I thought it was because V was the initial, so it was meant to be five. I know it's slightly stupid, but in logical thinking, it is a quite intelligent observation. Even though I'm probably not the first person to see this, I feel it necessary to post about this.
Finally, I would like to thank the person who quoted the first post. It is due to my mental disadvantage, but for bringing that up, I will not hold your head held under water AND YOUR GILS STAPLED SHUT WITH A STAPLER!