Stacking: Upcoming Release By Double Fine

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
"Stacking Interview: Lee Perry"
( http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/stacking/video/6285703/?tag=topslot;watchlink;5 )

I'm just looking to find out how other Escapists feel about this upcoming release. In my opinion, it looks great, and I'm really looking forward to it. It probably helps that I'm a Russophile, but we're not going to talk about those things.

So, do you plan on checking it out or are you going to pass on it in favor of the next major release?

On another note, I found the part about the development strategy very interesting. As a matter of fact, it brings to mind another video (there are pictures: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc ) in which a lecturer explores human motivations, using projects such as Linux as examples.

Discuss!

Edit: I'm a little disappointed that it's only going to be available through XBLA, but I guess that's where a lot of the innovation takes place. Now, to grudgingly set up an account...

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
dfcrackhead said:
Needs to be released on PC, looks pretty neat though
I really like the art design. To be honest, this strikes me as one of the most original concepts I've encountered in a while. Sort of brings to mind Machinarium, but even better.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Koroviev said:
dfcrackhead said:
I really like the art design. To be honest, this strikes me as one of the most original concepts I've encountered in a while. Sort of brings to mind Machinarium, but even better.
Haven't gotten around to trying Machinariam, but Stacking really does sound like it'd offer some interesting game play and terrible sex jokes "Hur hur, I'm inside that guys mum"

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
dfcrackhead said:
Koroviev said:
dfcrackhead said:
Haven't gotten around to trying Machinariam, but Stacking really does sound like it'd offer some interesting game play and terrible sex jokes "Hur hur, I'm inside that guys mum"
My mom gave some of my sister's clothes to a friend of mine who is not so fortunate. Wearing some of the clothes, she grinned and said, "I'm in your sister's pants."

Icingdeath

Aug 21, 2009
I heard about this just a few days ago, looked pretty good. I've also always wanted to play a game made by Tim Schafer.