Stalker: Clear Sky

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
So ive been playing Stalker: Clear Sky for hours now and im really enjoying it and really like it but people on this forum said it wasnt good. why? (p.s I have only played a bit of the original game and have not played the newest game.)

Jekken6

Aug 19, 2009
I've personally never played Clear Sky, but I believe people think the first one is better because it is much less buggy, in comparison to clear sky

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I personally think it is a fine game. However, it is inferior in some ways to the original, For example, the original game had much better atmosphere. The second game still has good atmosphere, it just doesn't match the original. This is probably because you feel a lot less isolated in this game. The zone doesn't feel as oppressive. That and the the clan warfare system blows. Maybe the bandits are the only ones that have this problem, but no matter what I did I could never get them to advance out their own territory to claim the enemies main base. I would take out wave after wave of Stalkers heading over from the rookie camp (apparently they are also arming all of the rookies with powerful weapons and durable armor now), but no one would ever show up. Then I'd get a message on the radio from the boss complaining about how we somehow lost territory. This is the type of incompetence I had to deal with.

But I digress, I think Clear Sky is still a decent game. The only parts in it that I really hated were the clan wars and the last few hours, which blew chunks.

redbeta22 said:
Because Yahtzee said it wasnt very good. Personally, i loved it.
Yahtzee didn't really say it was bad. He said it was actually a pretty good game once you got into it. It's just that it was plagued with glitches. Apparently I'm lucky since I've never had a Stalker game crash for me.

Kurokami

Feb 23, 2009
Korten12 said:
So ive been playing Stalker: Clear Sky for hours now and im really enjoying it and really like it but people on this forum said it wasnt good. why? (p.s I have only played a bit of the original game and have not played the newest game.)
I've heard its great.

Don't invest too much into what others like, people tend to suck.

redbeta22 said:
Because Yahtzee said it wasnt very good. Personally, i loved it.
If I recall right he actually said he enjoyed it.

saejox

Mar 4, 2009
it difficult, real difficult.
people got pissed beacuse of that, but i loved it.

Kedgeree

Jan 31, 2010
I enjoyed it, altough the vanilla (original game, unmodified) faction warfare was pretty bad in my opinion.

And there was also the problem where the areas were not optimised properly, you could have a solid 60fps no matter where you are outside. But if you went into the Clear Sky base (best example), your system practically dies in that area.