Stallion83 reaches 1,000,000 gamerscore

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
Whatever you think of achievements...

The gamer with the handle Stallion83 has just become the first person to reach an Xbox GS of 1,000,000 something he's been aiming at since the Xbox 360 came out. To put that into perspective, by my maths he's scored on average 370GS every day for the past seven years.

http://www.trueachievements.com/Stallion83.htm

I'm not going to make any comment except to note that according to the site above, his best achievement is "Aren't you sick of this yet!".

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Can't you people read? He is a stallion. Obviously he does plenty of other things in his free time! ... like grazing. Or swatting away flies!

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I think I actually helped him get a few 'cheevs back in the dark early days of the 360, I certainly remember the gamertag. But that was when he was still sub-100k. Good on him I guess?

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Ziadaine said:
I think he needs to put the controller down for a while and re-evaluate his priorities. :/
why? he wants to achieve something and he's working his way into the record books that's more of a life goal than most people have and I suspect if you analyse most people's life goals, most of them are illogical or weird anyway, take a friend of mine who wants to 'touch space' and other people who just want to own a fast car, build a house, or win the lottery.

life goals, they're mad.

gamer-score is, by it's nature evil and stupid but someone has to 'win' at it I guess... for the record, I have about 3k or so because that's all I've gotten from my Ms live account, and I'm perfectly happy with that because achievements don't mean anything to me, I'd rather set my own.

MetalDooley

Cwipes!!!
Feb 9, 2010
Country
Ireland
Fair play to him that must have taken a ridiculous amount of time and effort.I passed 100,000gs around xmas.Took me roughly 6 years and a lot of games to get that

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
Calm Sands said:
Hmm. Curious to know how much he weighs and how well his health is.
Not as bad as you might assume. If you type Stallion83 into Google Images you find plenty of pictures of him. He also has an apparently very understanding girlfriend (again contrary to what you might assume). From what I understand his family have their own business and he only works part-time, allowing him to both play round the clock and occasionally visit the gym.

It's alright for some...

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
O.k, so he has a million, now what?

Speaking as someone who seems to have missed the point of the achievement score system, what does this actually mean?

Mar 30, 2010
Bloody hell, that's scary/impressive/sad/dedicated/mental/obsessive (I can't decide which). 1,000,000? I bought a 360 on release day and only passed 20,000 a few weeks ago.

I think I'll bookmark this thread so when next I'm nagged for playing too much Xbox I can bring this up. :)

Mar 30, 2010
008Zulu said:

Speaking as someone who seems to have missed the point of the achievement score system, what does this actually mean?
It means he's spent seven years hunting meaningless achievements rather than playing games to enjoy them. :/

LaoJim

Aug 24, 2013
Calm Sands said:
Seems you're right. I scratch my head on how he is able to maintain good health. I guess some people are just better at managing their time while being excessive at something. Just seems odd.
Don't forget he's probably 1000GSed every Kinect fitness game out there...

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Grouchy Imp said:
008Zulu said:

It means he's spent seven years hunting meaningless achievements rather than playing games to enjoy them. :/
Maybe he enjoys hunting them? Its not a very hard concept to grasp.

Mar 30, 2010
josemlopes said:
Grouchy Imp said:
008Zulu said:

Maybe he enjoys hunting them? Its not a very hard concept to grasp.
True. The majority of achievement hunters I know personally, however, view achievement hunting with distaste - but they just cannot move onto the next game until they feel that they have 'completed' the last one.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
That is crazy. I went through a phase where I really enjoyed trying to get my gamerscore as high as possible. Managed to make it to about 60,000 before I bought a pc and pretty much stopped playing xbox all together.

Comocat

May 24, 2012
821 completed games with an average completion of 81.4%, blows my mind. I can see maxing out achievements in a game you love, but that is serious dedication to the cause.

I'd love to see a break down of gamer scores. I wonder where most people lie? I think I just broke 10k.